RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a little while to get used to Tardy's vocals (this was eons agon), but they fit the music well. They are super brutal, and it sounds like he's puking out his innards or somthing. Very fitting.

They've played different styles...they played extremely raw Black Metal early on, then produced a rather Folky influenced piece in Thousand Swords, then gradually pumped in the Hammerheart influence, which they've been tweaking for probably the better part of a decade by now.

Aye, yes. Graveland is black/pagan for the most part, with a lot of Bathory influence in their more recent works. Get Thousand Swords or In The Glare Of Burning Churches to start, and to introduce yourself to their newer material get Fire Chariot Of Destruction.

In The Glare Of Burning Churches

I wouldn't suggest that to someone just getting into Graveland, I like it but the drums can be off putting. Best way to go would be to get Thousand Swords, Carpathian Wolves (my favorite), or The Celtic Winter. After this it would be best to work your way up to the most recent.

In The Glare Of Burning Churches was actually my first album from Graveland. Not that that's particularly relevant, but I felt like mentioning it.

Is Sodom - Obssessed By Cruelty/In The Sign of Evil being re-issued? I'm debating ordering it but I remember hearing somewhere that it was being re-issued sometime soon.

In the Glare... is pretty much the worst Graveland album. The Celtic Winter is a far better representation of their earlier, raw material. People shouldn't overlook Following the Voice of Blood and Immortal Pride. The latter almost being on par with Thousand Swords - the album which is often considered their finest.

In the Glare... is pretty much the worst Graveland album. The Celtic Winter is a far better representation of their earlier, raw material. People shouldn't overlook Following the Voice of Blood and Immortal Pride. The latter almost being on par with Thousand Swords - the album which is often considered their finest.

ITGOBC is still much better than the material that uses a drum machine.

In The Glare Of Burning Churches was actually my first album from Graveland. Not that that's particularly relevant, but I felt like mentioning it.

Same. Mabey that's why I feel the need to reccomend it, since that was what got me into them and now I like them so much.

I think people find Immortal Pride had to digest because it needs to be taken in one sitting in its entirety. The first half of the album can be dull on its own if not balanced out by the grandeur of the second half.

Okay, I have been living a meager, black-and-white fucking musical existance lately. Listening to the same old stuff, throwing some new stuff in there. Always average. Waiting for the new Graveland to come in. But I'm getting bored, I miss listening to a brand fucking new album I had never heard before and getting destroyed by it.

Give me something that will just kick my fucking ass. I don't care whether it is personal preferance, if you think it is great, or if you think it is average. But if it delivers a boot to the fucking face, I want to hear it. I'm bored. So shoot.

go listen to Sweet Vengeance by Nightrage

Thousand Swords:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Edit: Recommendations: Suidakra(Folk), Blood Stain Child(kind of an In Flames TJR ripoff), Mors Principium Est(DTish), Finntroll(Folk).

ITGOBC is still much better than the material that uses a drum machine.

That's everything after Immortal Pride. No fucking way. Unless, of course, you were referring to the previous demos, in which case I'd somewhat agree. I still reckon the Drunemeton demo is better than In the Glare... This doesn't mean much, seeing as Graveland are my favourite band, and I love each album.

I think people find Immortal Pride had to digest because it needs to be taken in one sitting in its entirety. The first half of the album can be dull on its own if not balanced out by the grandeur of the second half.

Good point. The two metal songs could easily be seen as over-long, but when listened to intently in it's entirety, it's a truly magnificent album.

Status
Not open for further replies.