RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello yes, I need somone to recommend me a metal band that is similar to God Speed You! Black Emperor that kind of ambiance or feelings or whatever you wanna call it. Thats what im looking for.
Pelican, Red Sparowes, Mogwai, Jesu (Jesu is great!)...

Don't know if I'm shedding any new light...

That's everything after Immortal Pride. No fucking way. Unless, of course, you were referring to the previous demos, in which case I'd somewhat agree. I still reckon the Drunemeton demo is better than In the Glare... This doesn't mean much, seeing as Graveland are my favourite band, and I love each album

I was referring to the demos.

(Also: Anything that I need to listen to if I'm a fan of Swallow The Sun and Daylight Dies?)

November's Doom? Sorry I haven't dived too far into the doom genre yet.

Anybody know some power metal that's pretty close to Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius? I've been listening to both bands a lot lately so jw.

I keep reading reviews that talk about his incredibly deep, guttural vocals, but all the songs I've heard by them has him doing vocals reminiscent of thrash. Am I missing something?

Yes. They're not incredibly deep. What they are, especially on the first couple of albums, is incredibly reminiscent of someone throwing up their own vocal tracts.

Truly one of the most idiosyncratic voices in metal; once you've heard Tardy in full flight, you'll recognise his voice at once. Personally, I love his voice to bits.

Anybody know some power metal that's pretty close to Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius? I've been listening to both bands a lot lately so jw.

Dream Evil, Hammerfall, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Iced Earth, Dragonforce, Dungeon, Domine, Kamelot, Epica, Gamma Ray, Jag Panzer, Metalium, Rage, Savatage, Symphony X....... Its a place to start.

Nevermore are good. What else would I like?

(Also: Anything that I need to listen to if I'm a fan of Swallow The Sun and Daylight Dies?)

Nightingale, Angel Dust, Iced Earth, Nostradameus, Sinner, Persuader, and Primal Fear are sorta like Nevermore

and if you like Swallow the Sun you'll hate them when you hear the infinitely better band, Saturnus. Insomnium are similar too.

need some bands similar to the syle of Daylight Dies, thank you :)

http://www.last.fm/music/Daylight+Dies/+similar

these bands are all good, but I've never heard Daylight Dies so I can't vouch for them being 'similar' as claimed there (no 4 of these are even in the same genre
laugh.gif
)
Saturnus
Agalloch
Insomnium
Edge of Sanity
Dark Tranquillity
Amorphis
Empyrium
Rotting Christ
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Evergrey
Nightingale
Sentenced
Graveworm
Samael

Can anyone recomend me some black metal, latley I've been listening to dimmu borgir and was wondering what else there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.