Sort Vokter - Folkloric Necro Metal
Fjoergyn - Ernte im Herbst
In The Woods - Heart Of Ages
Isengard - Vinterskugge
Burzum - Hvis Lysettar Tar Oss, Filosofem
Bathory
Emperor
Negura Bunget

Have you heard Immortal - "Pure Holocaust"? Best black metal album of all time in my humble opinion!

Also, Graveland should be up your alley. Any of his releases will do, but I personally have a weakness for "Immortal Pride" and "Thousand Swords".

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out Darkthrone's legendary material, "A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon", "Transilvanian Hunger" or "Panzerfaust".

To complete the circle, then, listen to Enslaved - "Vikingligr Veldi", their absolutely best album by many many miles! Also, make a note of forever ignoring someone of they ever try to tell you that their later material is better. It's wrong.

For something a bit less obvious, check out Primordial's "Imrama" and "A Journey's End", Or Blut Aus Nord's "Ultima Thulee" and "Memoria Vetusta I - Father's of the Icy Age". Also, Deathspell Omega - "Si Momentum Requires, Circumspice" should be heard. And Drudkh's best release is still "Forgotten Legends", so listen to that if you haven't already.

Finally, and most importantly, listen to Bathory. But not "Octagon", "Requiem" or "Destroyer of Worlds". Start with "Under the Sign", and work your forwards, 'til you've finished with the "Nordlands", then listen to the self titled and "The Return".

Crimson Velvet said:
Have you heard Immortal - "Pure Holocaust"? Best black metal album of all time in my humble opinion!

Also, Graveland should be up your alley. Any of his releases will do, but I personally have a weakness for "Immortal Pride" and "Thousand Swords".

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out Darkthrone's legendary material, "A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon", "Transilvanian Hunger" or "Panzerfaust".

To complete the circle, then, listen to Enslaved - "Vikingligr Veldi", their absolutely best album by many many miles! Also, make a note of forever ignoring someone of they ever try to tell you that their later material is better. It's wrong.

For something a bit less obvious, check out Primordial's "Imrama" and "A Journey's End", Or Blut Aus Nord's "Ultima Thulee" and "Memoria Vetusta I - Father's of the Icy Age". Also, Deathspell Omega - "Si Momentum Requires, Circumspice" should be heard. And Drudkh's best release is still "Forgotten Legends", so listen to that if you haven't already.

Finally, and most importantly, listen to Bathory. But not "Octagon", "Requiem" or "Destroyer of Worlds". Start with "Under the Sign", and work your forwards, 'til you've finished with the "Nordlands", then listen to the self titled and "The Return".
thx man, i'll check those out... though i know some of them.. like Immortal, DarkThrone and Bathory(one of my fav)

How are the following bands ?

Funebrarum
Witchcraft
Spirit Caravan
Grand Magus
Madder Mortem
Northwinds
Veni Domine
Count Raven
Saturnus
Empyrium
Morgion

The Greys said:
How are the following bands ?

Funebrarum
Witchcraft
Spirit Caravan
Grand Magus
Count Raven
Morgion

Good shit. I don't know about the other bands except Madder Mortem, which sucks.

Yes, Thorns' Thorns is what I recommend. It's one of bm bands that I like. It reminds me old satyricon a bit, but I like this even more.

MasterOLightning said:
Would you recommend the Thorns s/t? I liked the Interface to God track.

You can buy it from me. :D My copy is in near mint condition because it sucks and I hate it, so if you want it, PM me.

i like aesop rock, prefuse 73 and madvillain, what other alternative/underground hiphop would i like?!?!

Nasum - No Chance (1.51)

This is the most depressive/evil/suicidal song my headphones ever played. Fuck off black metal when there is (was) a perfect nasum.

Status
Not open for further replies.