RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spear of Longinus - Kind of weird NS black/thrash.
Fullmoon
Graveland
Gontyna Kry

Spear of Longinus are certainly not NSBM. Their latest stuff is more in the raw thrash/punk vein, though it's pretty fucking interesting.

They're not black metal! That's my only real point.

They were, a while back... though they definitely had the Aussie/thrashy elements. But they never sounded anything like regular NSBM (ie. Graveland styled black metal).

Will do.

Anyone have opinions on the following?

Darkified
Xysma
Crystal Age
Killing Addiction

Also, I'm looking for quality old school Death Metal from atypical countries (Holland, Belgium, etc.) I'd appreciate any good reccs.

I've only heard Xysma's rock music, and none of their earlier goregrind. For rock it wasn't too bad. Xysma was one of those death metal/grindcore bands that drastically changed their sound (like Pyogenesis or Morgoth).

Dodens Grav said:
Also, I'm looking for quality old school Death Metal from atypical countries (Holland, Belgium, etc.) I'd appreciate any good reccs.
Pestilence.
Get the Consuming Impulse record.

PESTILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J. said:
Not NS! But essential without doubt.

That Fullmoon album is amazing.
Yeah, I didn't really know if Graveland were considered NS or not, but with everyone calling Darken a Nazi and all, I figured it counted.

I'm listening to Fullmoon right now for the first time in a while. It's a lot better than what I remember.

Décadent said:
Spear of Longinus are certainly not NSBM. Their latest stuff is more in the raw thrash/punk vein, though it's pretty fucking interesting.
Well, the little bit of Spear of Longinus that I've heard qualified as black/thrash to me. Plus, that's what MA says. But I don't know if I've heard their most recent or not.

Décadent said:
They're not black metal! That's my only real point.

They were, a while back... though they definitely had the Aussie/thrashy elements. But they never sounded anything like regular NSBM (ie. Graveland styled black metal).
Well, I never really said they were of that style. That's why I specifically pointed out the "black/thrash" element.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
How about NS punk? Is any of that worth listening to?
And please, don't bother responding if you're going to say "No, it all sucks because all punk in general sucks" or something of that nature.
Can't say I know any NS punk, though I've been looking into punk in general lately. I recently ordered some Exploited, GBH, Septic Death, The Misfits, and Samhain. The Exploited are said to be pretty thrashy and Toxic Holocaust cites them as a main influence. TH also cited GBH, so I thought I'd look into them as well. Septic Death also were supposed to have some influence on thrash metal, so I checked them out too.

Consuming Impulse said:
Thanks. Got anymore suggestions? I'll check Municipal Waste out.

Edit: Im listening to municipal waste right now, they kick ass.
few more crossover bands:
Cryptic Slaughter
Crumbsuckers
Lethal Aggression
Aggression
Suicidal Tendencies
DRI
Ludichrist
Wehrmacht
Toxic Holocaust

Status
Not open for further replies.