RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I only heard one song by them on a Century Media sampler, but it consisted of nothing spectacular. No good riffs, lots of blast beats, and hardcore-esque vocals. I didn't like it.

I'm a dan swano fan but have actually not heard Nightingale besides some 30 second samples, what would be a good album to start with.

Ex-cally-boo said:
I'd like to hear some other bands that are similar to the following bands, in particular the albums put in parentheses :

Diabolical Masquerade (Nightwork and Death's Design)
Sigh (Hail Horror Hail and Imaginary Sonicscape)
Solefald (Neonism, Pills Against The Ageless Ills, In Harmonia Universali)
Mirrorthrone (Of Winds and Weeping, Carriers of Dust)

Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme

In other news, Solefald blows.

Zephyrus said:
Well the reviews say that any Hypocrisy fan would like this band, but thanks for the heads-up.
They could be right. Like I said, I've only heard one song. Try and find some mp3s and decide for yourself.

Fall Of Serenity
Fields Of Jena
Fuck!...I'm Dead
Garden Of Shadows
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis
Suspyre

Theres my recommendations for now

I think Angmar's first album, Metamorphasis, is fantatstic. They have great dual vocals with bass work that makes the album fill up with emotion. The drumming seems to fit with the guitars and vocals, but when they bast it seems to go the background and lets the guitars run. A great release of 2006.

Incantation... would anyone recommend getting anything that isn't Onward to Golgotha, Diabolical Conquest or Decimate Chrisendom? Are the other albums any good?

Upon The Throne Of Apocalypse, it's pretty much the same as Mortal Throne Of Nazarene except the tracks are reversed, but it sounds much better and I think it fits with the tracks reversed.

im looking for power metal bands what sound like freedom call,zonata,sonata arctica,stratovairous,hammerfall i know bands like blind guardian,morgana lefay,jag panzer,helloween but im more looking for same volcals as the bands i listed up there if you know any power metal bands with same vocal sounds as them post them plz!:oops:

im looking for power metal bands what sound like freedom call,zonata,sonata arctica,stratovairous,hammerfall i know bands like blind guardian,morgana lefay,jag panzer,helloween but im more looking for same volcals as the bands i listed up there if you know any power metal bands with same vocal sounds as them post them please ^.~

Status
Not open for further replies.