RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodens Grav said:
Yeah, I should definitely listen to you.

Obviously.
tubbs0uj.jpg

Doomcifer said:
Obviously.
tubbs0uj.jpg

:lol:

I really need to pick up First Daze Too...but I just spend money picking up some of the missing pieces to my early King Diamond puzzle. I also need to pick up the new Dismember.

BUT THIS IS DIRECT FROM VINTAGE VINYL'S WEBSITE.

Edit: crap it sold out already :(

I've been enjoying Age of Winters by Texan Doom(i guess???) Metal band "The Sword" a lot recently and I want to hear more stuff like this because I think it's cool. Perhaps my man Dodens Grav can help me out with this :)

In the vein of At The Gates' first two releases and Eucharist's A Velvet Creation and Mirrorworlds.

More specifically melo-death with sorrowful, meloncholic riffs and great harsh vox. I also don't mind if the production is raw as long as the instruments can be clearly audible. Thanks in advance.

So what I'm asking for are clean vocals, that don't go out of the way to hit the highest notes possible, but rather to create a more perfect atmosphere.

Clean vocals like those from:

Agalloch
Sculptured
Tiamat (Wildhoney-esque)
Green Carnation
Empyrium
etc.

I'd prefer the music to be doomy, but mellow. Acoustic guitars are a big plus as well.

Ex-cally-boo said:
So what I'm asking for are clean vocals, that don't go out of the way to hit the highest notes possible, but rather to create a more perfect atmosphere.

Clean vocals like those from:

Agalloch
Sculptured
Tiamat (Wildhoney-esque)
Green Carnation
Empyrium
etc.

I'd prefer the music to be doomy, but mellow. Acoustic guitars are a big plus as well.

Hmm while not really like any of the bands you mentioned specifically, Empyrean Sky's The Snow White Rose of Paradise has impeccable vocal delivery on all fronts that I am sure you would enjoy.

J Mann said:
In the vein of At The Gates' first two releases and Eucharist's A Velvet Creation and Mirrorworlds.

More specifically melo-death with sorrowful, meloncholic riffs and great harsh vox. I also don't mind if the production is raw as long as the instruments can be clearly audible. Thanks in advance.

Bleh! I'd be interested in anything close to this as well. The only thing I can think of that I'd possibly associate with this, is you may like "Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil", but even then, it has a fairly sweet melody to it, rather than the sound At the Gates produce (and to a lesser extent, Eucharist).

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Any recommendations for GOOD but OBSCURE NWOBHM bands?
Define "obscure". Btw Witchfynde are far from obscure, but their first 3 albums are highly recommended (especially "Give Em Hell"). Anyway, the "obscure" NWOBHM bands only released 1 (or 2) 7" inch release, so it's more than difficult to find their material. And as the other guy said, usually "obscure" and "good" NWOBHM is an oxymoron.
Some good and "not famous" NWOBHM material:
Randy - Shadows Are Falling 7" (not british band, but totally NWOBHM sound)
Arc - War Of The Ring 7"
Hell - the demos and the 7"
Virtue - We Stand To Fight 7"
And..haha thinking that Grim Reaper is the worst band ever and searching for "obscure NWOBHM" is unbelievably funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.