RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for epic death metal. Well, death metal with epic riffs at least. I'm not fussy about overall band quality, but if you know of a song or two that has great "epic" riffs, let me know. Stuff like The Chasm and to a lesser degree, later Aeternus.

Décadent said:
I'm looking for epic death metal. Well, death metal with epic riffs at least. I'm not fussy about overall band quality, but if you know of a song or two that has great "epic" riffs, let me know. Stuff like The Chasm and to a lesser degree, later Aeternus.

vulpecula - fons immortalis

Hey all.
Ive just been getting into Burzum a bit and got 'Burzum' and 'Aske', both of which I like a lot.

Ive heard that most of his latter stuff is a far cry for these two records, is there much else worth getting from him weather it be death or more ambient style of music.

Cheers

Dan

Det Som En Gang Var, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, and Filosofem are all brilliant. Well, actually the second half of Filosofem is some less than stellar ambient (imo), but otherwise you must get these as well.

All of Varg's other work is black metal, just like "Burzum" and "Aske", except for "Daudi Baldrs" and "Hlidskjalf", but those are both enjoyable as well.

who could recommend me a really depressing song, I would prefer black metal I feel like feeling like shit emotionally if that makes sense.

Xasthur - Legion of Sin and Necromancy
Ashdautas - Lightless Horizon
Deinonychus - The Final Affliction Of Xafan
Leviathan - At The Door To The Tenth Sub-Level Of Suicide
Rigor Sardonicous - Pandemic
Silencer - Death...Pierce Me
Velvet Cacoon - Laudanum

That's by far the most aggressive and least ambient song on that album, excluding the Mutiilation cover, from what I remember.

They're strictly good. At first I though they were really fucking awesome, but it wears off. I actually think of them as pretty lifeless, but that's what BM should be some of the time...the vocals are screechy/whiny and ridiculously reverbed...it's an acquired taste for sure. The riffs are like Demilich's only without the substance: think a lot of random (lo-fi) fretboard running, but it does sound oddly intriguing in a black metal context to have weird "technical" wander-y riffs hanging around...still, check 'em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.