RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
byrne said:
Bleh! I'd be interested in anything close to this as well. The only thing I can think of that I'd possibly associate with this, is you may like "Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil", but even then, it has a fairly sweet melody to it, rather than the sound At the Gates produce (and to a lesser extent, Eucharist).

I have heard this mentioned numerous times, I'll check it out for sure. It is a shame that this crucial feature of classic gothenburg is ignored in later releases.

Ancient God Of Evil is tiresome after a few listens. The melodies seem far too fuckin' typical...I have no doubt it was great for the time, in terms of harmonic ideas, but after so much Swedish shit, I can only give up after a while. Still a good listen, along with their first CD.

Pure Blood Broom said:
I've been enjoying Age of Winters by Texan Doom(i guess???) Metal band "The Sword" a lot recently and I want to hear more stuff like this because I think it's cool. Perhaps my man Dodens Grav can help me out with this :)

Thanks for answering this, guys.

I just heard some samples from The Sword, so i can't really tell..but i'll recommend you High On Fire, a mix of Black Sabbath, Celtic Frost and Motorhead (and some Venom). That's one band that The Sword's sound instantly reminded.

Dodens Grav said:
Or Lords Of Hypocrisy. They're both equally good, really.
just fyi iofthestorm is just being an ass, he's heard pagan altar 209230 times and is a huge proponent of them so im utterly confused to his behaviour atm

Status
Not open for further replies.