RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know of a distro that sells Beherit hoodies in size medium?

No, but you have a nice Beherit avatar.

I recommend you guys Aeon - Bleeding The False, anyone heard it? I think the whole album is great. My favourite songs are "Forever Nailed" "Biblewhore" and "Satanic Victory"

BurningWitch said:
Anyone know anything similar to Slaughter of the Soul and Terminal Spirit Disease by At The Gates, that kind of melodic death metal?

Go back and listen to their first two albums, realize how much better they are and never listen to Slaughter of the Soul again.

(M)aggoT said:
No, but you have a nice Beherit avatar.

I recommend you guys Aeon - Bleeding The False, anyone heard it? I think the whole album is great. My favourite songs are "Forever Nailed" "Biblewhore" and "Satanic Victory"

thank you

Reccomendation of the day:

Cold_Steel_for_An_Iron_Age_Destroyer_666__5869544.jpg

Yes.

HOWEVER...

No.

Unchain the Wolves = blacker, far more epic
Phoenix Rising = thrashtacular, catchy as fuck, full of headbanging goodness
Cold Steel... = more polished than Phoneix, similar songwriting style, but a bit more subdued
Terror Abraxas = pretty much the best of it all. It's only an MCD though, but it's the most promising material they've done.

I just got Akercocke-Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, I must say, although im only a couple tracks in, that it is great so far, better than Choronzon.

Unchain the Wolves > Phoenix Rising > Terror Abraxas (imo).

Haven't bothered listening to Cold Steel, because it always came across as somewhat redundant to me (from what other people say).

It's not, really. Mind you, I've listened to it maybe 2 dozen times now and it's still not hitting me as essential. It's full of great riffs, catchy hooks and all sorts of things like that, but the songs lack character. I really can't explain it past that, if you don't know what I mean, I can't help.

Also, the production is awfully sterile. Not good for a raw, hellthrashing band.

Status
Not open for further replies.