RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold Steel is bloody excellent! The first two songs are perhaps the most difficult ones to get into, but after that, it's all headbanging goodness!

I DON'T NEED YOUR PESSIMISM
I BELIEVE NIHILISM!!!

:kickass:

Also!

There are those who will come
to watch YOU DIE
To stand around your funeral PYRE!
ANd they'll laugh as you marched
INTO YOUR DEATH!!!
And they dance as the noose
is put AROUND YOUR NEEEECK!!!!

:kickass: :kickass:

Genesis to Genocide & I am the Wargod are their best imo. But it's not like they wrote any bad songs on UtW and PR. Terror Abraxas I never really go into THAT much. Solid, but meh.

Also, it's like you were saying the other day - some bands you just dont feel the need to check out other albums because you are quite content with what you are already listening to. I think this applies for Cold Steel for me. I've got the same problem with Agalloch and Drudkh at the moment. I am supposed to be reviewing both of the new releases, but I seriously cbf'd. They seem to be decent releases from the limited listening I have given each, but I effectively don't care at this point in time. I'm happier listening to Pale Folklore or Autumn Aurora for the n-teenth time.

BurningWitch said:
I just got Akercocke-Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, I must say, although im only a couple tracks in, that it is great so far, better than Choronzon.

Not saying much considering Choronzon is a complete pile of rubbish...

Reccomendation of the day:

the_silver_arm_b.jpg

That's a weird album. Most of it is really fucking good, and then there's a couple of completely retarded songs that don't even feel like the same band.

I haven't been compelled by it enough to buy it, to be honest, but even so, chances are I wouldn't have read the lyrics anyway.

Crimson Velvet said:
Cold Steel is bloody excellent! The first two songs are perhaps the most difficult ones to get into, but after that, it's all headbanging goodness!

I agree. I usually end up listening to that CD two times in a row because it's over before I want it to be. Phoenix is still my fav though.

Most people that I talk to hail Unchain The Wolves as one of the greatest things ever, and seeing as how it's not, it's overrated.

Crimson Velvet said:
There are those who will come
to watch YOU DIE
To stand around your funeral PYRE!
ANd they'll laugh as you marched
INTO YOUR DEATH!!!
And they dance as the noose
is put AROUND YOUR NEEEECK!!!!

:kickass: x37438569539535935

Phoenix Rising > Cold Steel... > Unchain the Wolves > Terror Abraxas (only because its short) > Most other metal

I recommend

Kotipelto - Coldness

Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius) - Vocals
Janne Warman (Children of Bodom) - Keys
Michael Romeo (Symphony X) - Guitar
Drummer from Thunderstone
Jari Kainulainen (ex-Stratovarius) - Bass

Status
Not open for further replies.