RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krigly Bigly Balls said:
are there any black metal bands that have lyrics full of hatred towards Muslims?

Metal archives lists the following:

Infidel (US)
Midgard (Irn)
Misanthropic Mayhem
Monolith (Hol)
Nyogthaeblisz
Orthanc (Fra)
Regnum Aeterna

of those, Orthanc looks like the only promising band. The others were just amateur bands and shite.

I haven't. Don't know why. And thanks for mentioning Barathrum, Necuratul Gonna look into them as well. Hopefully a vacant download slot appears soon on Megaupload so I can finally hear Hail too(cheers, swizzle)

I haven't heard anything by Mutilated with the exception of youtube, but the video is muffled and shitty. Would you recommend them to a guy who loves technical and brutal DM along the lines of Unique Leader's roster?

Kreator/Destroyer said:
just listen to Opeth or Dream Theater they have singing of course but they also have a lot of instrumental parts in the songs as well as Nevermore, unless you want something heavy then listen to Dismember even though they aren't instrumental just listen to them...and metallica had some good instrumentals and uhh And the World Returned by At the Gates it's acoustic and has some crazy violins for a darker melody, not very distorted though. hope this helps a little
I checked them. My opinions:
Opeth - Nice vocals, good guitar
Dream Theater - They're not heavy enough, IMO.
Nevermore - i know for them. Very good vocals.

Metallica is for girls :p ...

Necuratul said:
I'm looking for Black and Black/Death Metal bands with a thick, bassy tone and an occult oriented sound, like Hail, Beherit, Archgoat, Varathron, Rotting Christ, Necromantia, Barathrum, Mortuary Drape, etc.
I think you already know it, but Lord Belial - Enter The Moonlight Gate might be what you are looking for.

°Oblivion°King° said:
I checked them. My opinions:
Opeth - Nice vocals, good guitar
Dream Theater - They're not heavy enough, IMO.
Nevermore - i know for them. Very good vocals.

Metallica is for girls :p ...

you do realize i meant old metallica right? when they were good? the black album is not kvlt as you probably think. and Opeth is great

Malignance said:
Demoncy - Joined in Darkness ?

I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard that already, though.

immo said:
I think you already know it, but Lord Belial - Enter The Moonlight Gate might be what you are looking for.

I haven't listened to these in a good while...in fact, I don't think I even have mp3s of them anymore. I'll have to check them out again, thanks.

AgoliantLives said:
I haven't heard anything by Mutilated with the exception of youtube, but the video is muffled and shitty. Would you recommend them to a guy who loves technical and brutal DM along the lines of Unique Leader's roster?
First I'd like to say it's always good to see another brutal DM fan here, there are too few.

Anyway, just after a cursory listen on their myspace, they sound good maybe a little more on the slam side than the technical side, but still pretty fast and very brutal. I'd check them out if I were you: http://www.myspace.com/mutilated

Status
Not open for further replies.