RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I feel this is a weird one...

Can anyone recommend some really depressing instrumental (no guitars, or drums, vocals maybe) metal inspired type classical music. For reference, examples of what I'm looking for are Sorgens Klammer (sp?) off of Dimmu's stormblast, or ...a distance there is off of ToT's Aegis. Any suggestions? (I've heard autumn tears or something recommended to me once.)

I don't think it's possible to have Metal without guitars or drums. So I don't think you're looking for Metal.

Can anyone recommend some really depressing instrumental (no guitars, or drums, vocals maybe) metal inspired type classical music. For reference, examples of what I'm looking for are Sorgens Klammer (sp?) off of Dimmu's stormblast, or ...a distance there is off of ToT's Aegis. Any suggestions? (I've heard autumn tears or something recommended to me once.)

The closest recommendations I have to that is Summoning ( any album past the first one) and Blut aus nord. These are both Black Metal though and have all the elements a Black metal band should.

Your request goes beyond the boundaries of metal. Therefore it is no longer a metal recommendation request.

Actually, I think what you are looking for is neoclassical. This is a wideranging genre and I don't really have much recs for you, except Yngwie Malmsteen, the fucking inventor of neoclassical hard rock/metal.

thanks

Your request goes beyond the boundaries of metal. Therefore it is no longer a metal recommendation request.

Actually, I think what you are looking for is neoclassical. This is a wideranging genre and I don't really have much recs for you, except Yngwie Malmsteen, the fucking inventor of neoclassical hard rock/metal.

thanks

Neoclassical isn't depressing, but it is metal.
I think he's looking for dark ambient type of stuff.

Any recs for a band that sounds like Drudkh, maybe even having nature-inspired elements like Autumn Aurora, thanks appreciate it.

no wai man. It's great for metal if you don't mind being a thieving scumbag.

STOP ALL THE DOWNLOADIN! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I only download because I don't want to spend money on albums if I don't know what I'm getting. Someone recs a band to me, I download maybe three or five songs. If I like them, I buy the albums(s) and delere the mp3's. Big deal.

Neoclassical isn't depressing, but it is metal.
I think he's looking for dark ambient type of stuff.

Neoclassical can be very depressive... For some depressive Yngwie Malmstaeen medeival neoclassical metal instrumentals check out: Air, Blue, Crying, Farewell, Guardien Angel, etc...

Also I would recommend Arcana - Dark Age of Reason. Dark Ambient Medieval Instrumental.
Excellent. Not metal though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.