RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best Defleshed album ?. I am interested in checking them out.

Alright, I've been on a hippie rock streak for a while now, and I'm starting to become aware of all the obscure-ass early metal which existed around the time of Black Sabbath, and even before. I recently discovered Blue Cheer and Budgie, both of which are pretty heavy bands for the time. Just wondering if anyone knows of similar bands. Obviously I don't expect to find anything near the caliber of Black Sabbath, but as long as they're loud, and have that classic blues/psychedelia influence, I should be happy.

Check out Uriah Heep's "Very 'Eavy... Very 'Umble" and Sir Lord Baltimore "Kingdom Come".

Hey All,

I used to be big into metal during the 90's but then kind moved into other genres for a while and have just started getting back into metal (thanks to Bloodbath no less)... I'm having toruble finding any bands with a similar sound/style to Bloodbath... so far Hypocrisy has only hit the mark with the "Virus" album... I don;t mind if they are relly old releases but would love some album title reccomendations so I can go buy 'em!

Cheers,

Mike

Start with Entombed's early stuff, Grave, Dismember's first two, perhaps Opeth (since you haven't been into metal all this time).

Actually, there are threads on the GMD forum for each genre of metal, look into those for recommendations.

Here's the Old School Death thread.

any bands with a similar sound/style to Bloodbath...e

check out the death metal recommends in this thread

:lol: only 200 pages or so

Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - All You Need Is Love
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns
Amon Amarth - Versus The World (+ Bonus CD)
Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Naglfar - Harvest
Corporation 187 - Perfection in Pain
Decapitated - Nihility
Dying Fetus - Stop At Nothing
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Gorguts - Obscura
Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation
Kataklysm - Shadows And Dust
Konkhra - Reality Check
Soulreaper - Written In Blood
Vader - Litany
Vehemence - The Thoughts From Which I Hide

I'm having toruble finding any bands with a similar sound/style to Bloodbath... so far Hypocrisy has only hit the mark with the "Virus" album... I

Cheers,

Mike

Bands/Projects that have band members from bloodbath(current or ex). I will list the bands best albums also.

Edge of Sanity: the spectral sorrows,unorthodox,purgatory afterglow, crimson, crimson 2.
Opeth: still Life,my arms your hearse,blackwater park
Dan Swano: moontower
Katatonia: brave murder day
Diabolical Masquerade: nightwork, the phantom lodge
Demiurg:breath of the demiurg
October Tide:grey dawn
Pan.Thy.Monium: khaooos & kon-fus-ion
Ribspreader-bolted to the cross

Other bands/albums similiar to bloodbath

Amorphis-the karelian isthmus
Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes
Entombed-left hand path
God Macabre-the winterlong
Unleashed-where no life dwells,shadows in the deep

If you need any more general recomendations let me know.

i need a good place to start with the following bands

Arsis
Carpathian Forest
Hypocrisy
Satyricon

and i also i got reccomeneded to Waking The Cadaver by a friend but all he told me was to check em out and didnt bother to let me know anything about them so if i could get a genre for the band and some oppinions about the band thatd be nice

Arsis
Carpathian Forest
Hypocrisy
Satyricon

and i also i got reccomeneded to Waking The Cadaver

Don't check them out unless you like joke bands.

Satyricon: The Shadowthrone, Nemesis Divina

Alright, I've been on a hippie rock streak for a while now, and I'm starting to become aware of all the obscure-ass early metal which existed around the time of Black Sabbath, and even before. I recently discovered Blue Cheer and Budgie, both of which are pretty heavy bands for the time. Just wondering if anyone knows of similar bands. Obviously I don't expect to find anything near the caliber of Black Sabbath, but as long as they're loud, and have that classic blues/psychedelia influence, I should be happy.

Electric Wizard

Carpathian Forest
Hypocrisy

and i also i got recommended to Waking The Cadaver by a friend but all he told me was to check em out and didnt bother to let me know anything about them so if i could get a genre for the band and some opinions about the band thatd be nice

Carpathian Forest - We're Going to Hell for This
Hypocrisy - Hypocrisy
Hypocrisy - Abducted
Hypocrisy - Virus

as for Waking the Cadaver, never heard of them myself but searching I found someone sharing them in their 'deathcore/grindcore' folder :lol: it only takes one 'core' for me to put a band in the shitbox, I'd avoid them like hte plague
http://www.last.fm/music/Waking+The+Cadaver

Valkyrie
Trouble
Burning Saviour

Witchcraft

Bands/Projects that have band members from bloodbath(current or ex). I will list the bands best albums also.

Edge of Sanity: the spectral sorrows,unorthodox,purgatory afterglow, crimson, crimson 2.
Opeth: still Life,my arms your hearse,blackwater park
Dan Swano: moontower
Katatonia: brave murder day
Diabolical Masquerade: nightwork, the phantom lodge
Demiurg:breath of the demiurg
October Tide:grey dawn
Pan.Thy.Monium: khaooos & kon-fus-ion
Ribspreader-bolted to the cross

Other bands/albums similiar to bloodbath

Amorphis-the karelian isthmus
Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes
Entombed-left hand path
God Macabre-the winterlong
Unleashed-where no life dwells,shadows in the deep

If you need any more general recomendations let me know.

Thanks mate will check some of them out over the next few pay weeks... can;t wait :headbang:

I need help asap

What is Sunn O)))? ...and what does it mean?esp. the O))) thing? what is this?

What album should I grab as an intro? and WHAT THE HELL DOES THE BAND NAME MEAN!?!?! heh.

Sunn O))) is a band.
They're named after Sunn Amplifiers, the brand's logo is exactly the same as the band's. They added the O))) affix to their name (one could read the logo in this way).
Sunn&

(2005) - Black One

Anyone know if the band Aegishjalmar (from the Visions: a Tribute to Burzum) album has released anything, it was one of the best tracks on it (seeing as the majority of that disk sucked).

I can't think of anything else, are there any bands that sound ike a saprogenic/pustulated/cbt hybid?

Status
Not open for further replies.