relationships

I'll have to admit, I only read the first post in this discussion.

If you have questions about relationships and why things happen in them the way they do, I advise you to check out a really good evolutionary psychology book:

Evolution of Desire: Patterns of Human Mating, by David M. Buss.

I'll go on now to add my two cents to the mix, sorry if I'm repeating something somebody else said.

There is this theory, I don't remember what it's called, but basically it says that all instincts and feelings and emotions and everything we do revolves around and comes from one extremely basic instinct - the need to pass on our DNA/replication/procreation of the species. Why do you want to be successful? You may think it's one thing, but in fact, it's basic biological drives. It's really to get a better woman, because you don't want your DNA mixing with some lowly skank when you could have them mix with something awesome, because then your genes in your child are more likely to survive and pass on further, etc..

I personally believe this to be true, and also think it's where feelings of "love" come from. I believe "love" is just a set of complicated motivators that come from that basic instinct to get us to mate, want to mate, etc.. Many people today truly don't want kids, and it's because they ignore this basic instinct, and it's not as strong, because we don't NEED to procreate anymore, so it's slowly dying, however evolution is extremely slow, which is why it still exists. I however, believe I've completely turned this instinct off, not just simply am ignoring it. Ever since I was able to do this, I've had no libido whatsoever, no desire to date, no anything, and it doesn't bother me either to be single. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but this is just what I feel. Sorry in advance if this next part is too personal or TMI, but yeah, I still do masturbate. Unfortunately, turning this instinct off doesn't halt the production of sperm, or the pain that follows when it's not ejected when they're on the brink of death.

Sorry if that was tl;dr (too long; didn't read).

what you say holds some truth but there are others. Humans are one of the few mammals that can "breed" all week long, month after month. we also have this strong sex desire because its enjoyable for us, typically most mammals just do it and its not very erotic, lasting or a fireworks kind of deal. Dont mistake your low libido as covering the entire population, that is a trait only common to hopefully a minority, some of us got to have it and its got nothing to do with conception or that we think our balls are drying up.

what you say holds some truth but there are others. Humans are one of the few mammals that can "breed" all week long, month after month. we also have this strong sex desire because its enjoyable for us, typically most mammals just do it and its not very erotic, lasting or a fireworks kind of deal. Dont mistake your low libido as covering the entire population, that is a trait only common to hopefully a minority, some of us got to have it and its got nothing to do with conception or that we think our balls are drying up.

Yes, but according to this theory, the reason it's enjoyable for us (even if we use contraceptives), is because it satisfies this basic biological instinct. We're more advanced creatures, and through evolutionary psychology, can prove reasons why we can have sex every week, month after month. A lot of women won't get pregnant from just fucking them one time. Sometimes you have to fuck them five or six times before they actually conceive. Like I said, we're also more advanced than most animals. We're monogamous due to our ancestors discovering that was the way that best ensured our seed got passed on, where as before, we were probably like other animals - we fucked every female that was in heat. This ensured you'd have a greater chance of having a child, but not of that child surviving. I urge you to read the book I mentioned earlier - it can explain all of this stuff better than I can.

I also never mistook my low libido as covering the entire population. I used to have a really high libido before I "turned off" this instinct.

It may have been the roote of it at one time thousands of years ago but speaking for myself I just love to touch a woman, and never once did babies have anything to do with it. The entire event is very much fun and mayself have never been able to get enough.

Woman have a short window during the month in which they can get pregnant and its NOT when they are menstrating. Any two fertile healthy pair can concieve on a single round during this period.

It may have been the roote of it at one time thousands of years ago but speaking for myself I just love to touch a woman, and never once did babies have anything to do with it. The entire event is very much fun and mayself have never been able to get enough.

Woman have a short window during the month in which they can get pregnant and its NOT when they are menstrating. Any two fertile healthy pair can concieve on a single round during this period.

This is what I'm saying though, most people don't realize it, but that's where it comes from. Yes, the instinct is slowly dying away, but if you ask somebody why they want to be successful, they're not going to say "so I can get a nice piece of ass to bear my seed." That's really what it is though.

I urge you to read the book I mentioned earlier (Evolution of Desire: Patterns of Human Mating by David M. Buss), and it will even tell you why different types of people choose the type of mate they do.

The information contained within is very logical, has a point, and is supported by mounds of evidence - it's almost impossible to argue against it.

I dont read and adopt the ramblings of others. The human race is the most evolved species, we have sex for enjoyment, we seek success for self gratification. We take care of our looks for a good piece of pussy. We seek sexual mates we have chemistry with and walk away from those that dont click with us. Religion and other forms of royalty or government was the only thing that curbed mans lust for sex over the centuries, by pounding in our heads that it was just for procreation and anyone whos actually had good sex knows better. The Romans themselfs were a bunch of whores and whoredogs. Your on cloud nine with this one

I suggest you explore the criticisms of Buller and others. It's certainly up for debate.

Then I suggest they not write off my opinions as not true, instead of just simply disagreeing, especially when they can't provide any evidence against my ideas as it is.

I'm not saying I am right or anything, like I said in the first place, it's just a theory, but you can't just sit there and say, "no, you're wrong," especially with no evidence against the point.

Who needs evidence ? We have sexual drive and attraction to the opposite sex, no evidence needed. What you say is a part truth that wants to ignore the rest, that humans, normally functioning humans are sexual creatures with some reliance on affection.

That would be wonderful, a world full of limp wristed dweebs

evidence of the fault become clearer every passing year as such populations grow and thing get more fucked up

Fenrisúlfr;7523905 said:
Reproduction in inefficient to begin with; I'd just as soon genetically engineer our way out of this.

Yes, we could engineer ourselves into amoeba capable of reproducing every 3 seconds and shitting dollar notes. That would be the most 'efficient' way to whatever end you envisage, yes?

Yes, we could engineer ourselves into amoeba capable of reproducing every 3 seconds and shitting dollar notes. That would be the most 'efficient' way to whatever end you envisage, yes?

:lol: slap me silly.... that was "priceless"

Fenrisúlfr;7523905 said:
Reproduction in inefficient to begin with; I'd just as soon genetically engineer our way out of this.

+1
the technology exists right now, it's just the political "right-wing" using "morality" and "ethics" to justify the prevention of genetic engineering actually happening

I haven't lived long yet, and I have no experience of relationships whatsoever and very little of people/society in general. I only have two friends; Most people don't understand me and I don't understand them. I am prepared to go through life alone if necessary and I have no reason to believe that a partner cannot be replaced by a handful of good hobbies.

I haven't lived long yet, and I have no experience of relationships whatsoever and very little of people/society in general. I only have two friends; Most people don't understand me and I don't understand them. I am prepared to go through life alone if necessary and I have no reason to believe that a partner cannot be replaced by a handful of good hobbies.

Depends what you mean by 'replaced' doesn't it? You could replace human contact with a block of cheese, if you so desired. Doesn't mean it would create the same feelings inside you.

one never knows, some people may find cheese to be what makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside

I've yet to find a replacement for a woman for both companionship and intimacy. I have been alone and busy for extended periods too and I always knew what was missing in my life and that is someone to share it with, have the adventures.

genetic engineering could solve alot of problems
like the elimination of all the inheiritable "conditions" such as most autism, hemophilia, some types of color-blindness, the inheritable form of muscular dystrophy (spell?) etc etc etc