Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I guess I like the chorus and it goes like this when I imagine it as the less serious track on the album.

Need to hear the rest now to know what it's all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the vocals are the worst in the beginning. When you skip through the song, you notice that they get more normal, Especially in the chorus.

I begin to actually like the song, although it isn't as catchy simply because I can't remember the chorus yet. If it really was catchy, that wouldn't be a problem. Oh well, it will come over time.

I remember hearing those vocals before.

And about the solo, I was hoping for COB to show the skater world what they can do with the guitar. Why settle for a tame one like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed it airs on BBC Radio 1 at this second.

Same quality though.
edit: actually, it seems like the lead guitar is more present during the chorus. Might be my ears though.

Ok, might have been a bit of an over reaction from my part saying it's one of their worst songs. I was pissed because of the repetitive riff and tame solo.

I realized not all music is in its element when analyzed coldly on a white desk. Some music sounds perfect when listened to in a city at night, but can't stand listening at daylight. Some just seems to find its place in a drunken moment or serve therapy to depression or being pissed off. I think this track is one of those that seems to fit a certain sport moment. I happened to be watching a video of martial arts kicking when I was playing this song on the background and bang, it kind of fit the vibe, hehe, the energy and masculinity together.

When you think about it this is how it is with a lot of music, you need to reflect something to them before it feels like anything. Before that it's just musically analyzed, and not every song fares excellent simply under musical observation.

I'm not a fan of this but I will say this is a brilliant single; a couple catchy riffs, reusing parts like the intro just in a different way as a theme and variation, that verse style has been done in tons of other songs and works well. It's definitely different but still retains the style of the band and is definitely great for a single. It'll probably do very well.

Well, don't know what too say, just not the perfection that I'm used to hear from'em. Not what i expected, or was it?

Standards is lowered for every album, even though BD did pass as a COB-album imo.

Scared of too hear the rest of the album, for sure. This is mine and many others favorite band... it's just not right

:lol: made me laugh for a bit but wasn't gonna coment on the shortening haha.

Well on my speakers it doesn't sound really unbalanced, just that radio reverby/chorusy effect like it took some punch out of it, but we'll wait and see in a month :kickass:

No prob, was the first joke I've been facing in Stratoforum, so I'm used to it already :lol: I always keep saying it could be worse, considering the translation of Lauri's last name :p

I don't know how to describe better what I don't like in the sound, it's tinny and shaky... maybe I'm too critical about it.

Actually the vocals are the worst in the beginning. When you skip through the song, you notice that they get more normal, Especially in the chorus.

Tbh I thought it was obvious that the vocals are meant to sound like that in the beginning... I may be wrong :confused:

Loved it.

And it's exactly what they said it would be. A fun, catchy single. A party song.

And as those things were correct in their observation, I'm sure it's also different from the rest of the album, like they also said.

Starting to actually like the chorus! Still think there's a little too much of the main riff (Lightly said), and the singing still sounds somehow computerized especially in the beginning, but it's better than it was on the first time I listened to it.

I actually like it. The chorus is amazing in comparison to the last album - reminds me of Norther, a little bit. Seriously, though, the verse is really kinda bleh, and the solo? I'm not even going to talk about it.

The chorus wins the song over for me, I think. I like it.

I like it. After the trailer a bit less than I expected, but so far I like it. I hope they clean up those vocals, though, they're definitively weak...not a fan of the solo, either. Really, it's not a bad song, though.

This is the final album version. What are you guys talking about? The only possible different version is a demo recorded ages ago. It is possible however MAYBE that part of the solo has been cut/edited for a shorted video/radio version like IYF and HOMT, but I haven't looked into it, too boring solo.

Remember the talk about WIWI being the bands biggest and best song? You be the judge.

It's not a bad song but the repetitive riff and lame solo is an insult against my ears who were waiting to hear Bodom...

Can't wait for the other songs tho!!!