Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

The bar on that site speaks pretty clearly about the album's dynamic range... completely flat :(

Huh?

How does that say anything about an album, when it's for one song?

I also don't think that bar has anything to do with the dynamic range of anything. I'm no guru on this topic so maybe someone could clarify, but that is just the audio signal. It all looks the same as the track was compressed at some point so that a cymbal hit for example isn't too loud compared to everything else at that time.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Also,

I'm really curious as to who the people are in the picutre.

Are they freinds? Band members? Crew? Or just random people?

yeah it is farrr more clear on this version (the spinefarm one) and the double bass is fucking CLICKY AS SHIT. i'm hoping i get used to it but right now its obnoxious how clicky the bass drum is on this; everything else sounds great though and i did not do the stupid facebook thing they wanted because of how ridiculous that is. Devildriver did the same thing and made people sign up to their mailinglist to get the song and took down any version of it people put up on youtube (so theres no way to circumvent that stupid shit). it's a pretty fucking dirty trick but in terms of effectiveness is great.

How does that say anything about an album, when it's for one song?

If one song is compressed and lacks dynamic range, it is likely that all other songs on the album do. It would sound really weird to have songs mixed at different loudness levels on the same album, and it would also defeat the purpose of a loud mix altogether. Besides, if you were listening to a dynamic track on your stereo setup, you would probably be doing so at a high volume level - suddenly going to a compressed, louder track could either damage your hearing or your setup, or both.

I also don't think that bar has anything to do with the dynamic range of anything. I'm no guru on this topic so maybe someone could clarify, but that is just the audio signal. It all looks the same as the track was compressed at some point so that a cymbal hit for example isn't too loud compared to everything else at that time.

That is precisely the definition of dynamic range: the ratio between the quieter and the loudest sound reproduced. A proper dynamic range makes the music feel natural and nuanced, and makes it easier and less fatiguing to process for the human brain. A signal that is constantly loud is harder for the brain to make out, just like it is harder to read a text completely written in capital letters. If you wish to learn more about this, try this link for a start.

If a song is compressed, it lacks dynamic range. A song with a higher dynamic range sound much better on proper stereo setups, and is much more aggressive when you crank up the volume. Loud tracks can't be listened to at higher volumes, lest they give you a headache.

Damn the quality of the Facebook WIWI is A LOT better. Most notable is the vocals imo, huge improvement. Like Joonas said, the double bass drums is pretty ''clicky'' and loud, but I don't really mind it, and you get used to it. The group shot is a lot louder as well. All in all I think it's a big improvement.

EDIT: Is there a way you can download through Soundcloud or some shit? =)

It's just my opinion but I think a song full of flashy solos and angry riffs would distribute them better and earn more popularity in the metal scene and more efficient audience than a "radio friendly" track will.. what does it help if everyone in the world hears the song, they're not necessarily buying the album. Then again, if the non-metal listening individuals are just interested enough to check the rest of the album on youtube for the heck of it, maybe it'll click with the more adrenaline-bursting tracks and make some of them buy it. I just can't see why not publish it with the video... maybe it's too far from the release or something but I think it would be important for this song to be included in the video.

Ok, you didn't get the irony but you're right.

Nah I got it, but I thought he deserved the point.

Well shit, the stupid vocal effect is still there, and so is the shitty guitar tone. If anything, Epi's rip probably sounded more attractive than what they posted on FB :lol:

I don't think the guitar tone is bad, I actually like it quite a lot, imho improvement from BD. Yes, is still crispy as they seem to like it nowadays, but much clearer.

just heard the stream and I think it's a good song that's not so well structured, this is new to CoB cuz they always make pretty well structured songs... the main idea and intro are really good and the vocals suck, the verse bass riff is lame and the solos are weird.... they could have made a way better song out of it.. bad producer... hope the rest of RRF is better than this single... the video preview is godly though! maybe because they only play the intro... flame sk8ing rocks!

I don't think the guitar tone is bad, I actually like it quite a lot, imho improvement from BD. Yes, is still crispy as they seem to like it nowadays, but much clearer.

Comparatively it sounds more soft/less aggressive than HCDR. Sounds similar to BD, but haven't made comparison between the two so maybe you're right.

Damn the quality of the Facebook WIWI is A LOT better. Most notable is the vocals imo, huge improvement. Like Joonas said, the double bass drums is pretty ''clicky'' and loud, but I don't really mind it, and you get used to it. The group shot is a lot louder as well. All in all I think it's a big improvement.

Vocals are better how? The same stupid vocal effect is still there. Less apparent because of the (lack of?) EQ, but quite noticeable. And the rest of the song sounds less "punchy" with this kind of EQ setup.

It's just my opinion but I think a song full of flashy solos and angry riffs would distribute them better and earn more popularity in the metal scene and more efficient audience than a "radio friendly" track will..

Yeah, seriously. That's what they're known for, right?

I just can't see why not publish it with the video... maybe it's too far from the release or something but I think it would be important for this song to be included in the video.

My guess is that they're trying to stretch out the promotion till release date. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another snippet of info/samples (possibly the video) in another 2-3 weeks. It makes no business sense to release everything at once.

blank-facepalm.gif

This version is definitely better. I don't think that we will notice a much bigger unterschied on the album version. I really like the guitar tone in the solo. Sounds so dry. Only downright dominate's tone can top this if you ask me.

For one...all you complainers about the new song are really waisting your time! The album is completely sick...I have heard this from a couple sources that got to preview it early, and theres even a couple online reviews of it from people that got to preview early. It is said to maybe even be their best. I sort of doubt that, but fact of the matter is that I KNOW this album is fuckin good.

btw..of course I'm going to purchase it upon release, but does anyone know where I can find a torrent for it??

I'm sorry but I don't see where I am whining? Please quote me when I have been whining. You don't have to stand up for your gay friends you know that right? I'm sure predator can reply himself if he wants to :)

Like I said, you are known for being retarded :lol: And iPot is right, you ain't got no friends :( how sad :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't even know how I noticed your whining, guess it was so loud that it got me one page back to check what's going on. :lol:

This version is definitely better. I don't think that we will notice a much bigger unterschied on the album version. I really like the guitar tone in the solo. Sounds so dry. Only downright dominate's tone can top this if you ask me.

"a much bigger unterscheid"? :lol: It took me a minute to figure out what was wrong, because I understood it but I was like I don't remember that synonym for difference in English :ill:". Looks like I may actually be getting a bit of German inside my head :kickass:

For one...all you complainers about the new song are really waisting your time! The album is completely sick...I have heard this from a couple sources that got to preview it early, and theres even a couple online reviews of it from people that got to preview early. It is said to maybe even be their best. I sort of doubt that, but fact of the matter is that I KNOW this album is fuckin good.

btw..of course I'm going to purchase it upon release, but does anyone know where I can find a torrent for it??

485.jpg