Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Did Joonas start this one too?

Don't look at me, I never saw any similarity between those riffs.

Btw I like the chorus you did for WIWI, but otherwise I was heavily let down by that song.
But I'm totally digging the samples of Shovel Knockout, I hope that's more representive of the album(?)

Well, I noticed a lot of people thought they where similar and I happened to stumble upon that thing. So I posted it here.
The first time I heard that, I did think it was similar, but after a few more spins, it really isn't. I blame my lack of musical (technical) knowledge.

Did Joonas start this one too?
When comparing those two one might start a by noticing that BD is 12/8 and wiwi is 4/4. Both are in D but aside from that I can´t find any similarities. (one three note passage among about 80 notes)

BD doesn't feel 12/8 at all, it's too fast to go in 3. And if anything, WIWI follows a similar rhythmic pattern.

The riffs aren't exactly the same, but in the exact same style and sound thus very similar.

I personally would have released at least one video (wiwi) already. Then again I am not a marketing professional and some of them are. I hope.

Maybe they don't want to release the video yet because they're saving it for the DVD to get that sold. From what I've understood WIWI is supposed to be clearly more commercial than the rest of the songs... and my personal opinion is if that's true you should release another type of song also, because clearly Shovel Knockout is 50 times better than Was It Worth It, I hope people won't draw strict conclusion on the album based on WIWI alone.

Necrö;9617203 said:
Sshhhh!!! You better edit that passage, before the executives see it and give you a good asswhoopin' ;)

I always interpreted BD as 4/4 with triplets. I think there's practically no way to know if it's 12/8 or 4/4 with triplets from just listening to the song. Not that I agree with the claims the two riffs are very similar. Just sayin'.

I guess it's more about the similar speed and the triplet feel (and, to some extent, the kind of dissonant harmonies) than the notes per se. With that I can agree, it FEELS similar initially. It really isn't that similar though, when you look at it closely.

When in doubt, assume the song is in a triple meter rather then in duple with triplets. There are so many times in tabs and metal where almost the whole song is in "triplets" when really it's a whole different time signature. I can't imagine how ridculious it would be to sit in an orchestra and see that 3/4s of the music is triplets.

I don´t fully agree with the labels/managements idea of withholding things either, I personally would have released at least one video (wiwi) already. Then again I am not a marketing professional and some of them are. I hope.
I was supposed to work on the next cobtv epsiode couple of weeks ago, seems I have forgotten about it, I will look into it. We were hoping to release an episode before the album release.

Well we'd be very greatful if you took the time and edited it, they're always fun to watch and it'd be something to keep us going until the album since the release date of the single and the album are so close together that to me at least the single doesn't really feel like an advance (sure the online WIWI single does, but not the phisical CD with it and the bonus tracks). Looking forward to those though.

BD doesn't feel 12/8 at all, it's too fast to go in 3. And if anything, WIWI follows a similar rhythmic pattern.

The riffs aren't exactly the same, but in the exact same style and sound thus very similar.

You're going to tell the guy who wrote it what pattern it follows? :lol:

Maybe they don't want to release the video yet because they're saving it for the DVD to get that sold. From what I've understood WIWI is supposed to be clearly more commercial than the rest of the songs... and my personal opinion is if that's true you should release another type of song also, because clearly Shovel Knockout is 50 times better than Was It Worth It, I hope people won't draw strict conclusion on the album based on WIWI alone.

Well the ones of us that are going to buy the DVD have already preordered it I think, won't have much effect.

You're going to tell the guy who wrote it what pattern it follows? :lol:

Whoops, didn't notice whom I was quoting, lolz. :D

Still though, 12/8 and 4/4 with triplets sound exactly the same. The rhythmic pattern sounds the same in BD and WIWI. Doesn't really matter what it was written as.

Then again, that's the only thing that's similar. Just like I said, same style, different riffs.

When in doubt, assume the song is in a triple meter rather then in duple with triplets. There are so many times in tabs and metal where almost the whole song is in "triplets" when really it's a whole different time signature.

Then how come WIWI is supposed to be in 4/4? :D

I can't imagine how ridculious it would be to sit in an orchestra and see that 3/4s of the music is triplets.

Happens more often then it should, though. Also, it's not like most metal musicians read off sheet music when playing, so the notation becomes less relevant.

I don´t fully agree with the labels/managements idea of withholding things either

Have they also withheld any reviews of the album from those who were fortunate enough to attend the official preview at Metropolis Studios in Chiswick last December? (Just up the road from where I live - wish I'd known two fifths of COB were gonna be there :cry:). It just seems odd that apparently only one review has so far surfaced from the session (at least as far as I can find from oft-repeated google searches).

Whoops, didn't notice whom I was quoting, lolz. :D

Still though, 12/8 and 4/4 with triplets sound exactly the same. The rhythmic pattern sounds the same in BD and WIWI. Doesn't really matter what it was written as.

Then again, that's the only thing that's similar. Just like I said, same style, different riffs.

Then how come WIWI is supposed to be in 4/4? :D

Happens more often then it should, though. Also, it's not like most metal musicians read off sheet music when playing, so the notation becomes less relevant.

It doesn't really happen a lot, maybe in a cadenza where it doesnt matter anyways but in most symphonies I havent seen a lot of triplets, the time signature will change accordingly.

It doesn't really happen a lot, maybe in a cadenza where it doesnt matter anyways but in most symphonies I havent seen a lot of triplets, the time signature will change accordingly.

TBH I can't really remember. It really doesn't change the way you read music by that much. Not nearly as annoying as misplaced cuttime.

cobhc.com said:
The CD booklet comes with lyrics that will not be made available online to eight of the songs on the album.

I do find this funny. You know that they will be online the same day that the first cd is delivered.
And it really matters because lyrics are something unique.. yeah..

I do find this funny. You know that they will be online the same day that the first cd is delivered.
And it really matters because lyrics are something unique.. yeah..

Well, but so will be the rest of the CD so...

Did anyone consider the Japan release date is March 2nd. So the album will be leaked just some days before release elsewhere.

that's not really a leak, that's a retail rip. with the internet if it's out somewhere it's bound to be available/out other places, just like the fact that you could order it from japan (hurp durp). a leak tends to be when a promo copy is ripped and posted on the net before the albums release ANYWHERE. honestly with all the tight lipped stuff going on i'd be surprised if this album leaked very early (if at all maybe a week or so). i guess since they've said they're very anti leak that's a good thing but i've already ranted about the issues of this marketing style. either way i'm excited to hear it and am sure i'll enjoy it (deus ex 3 was going to be released on that day as well which would've made me too "sick" to go into work haha, unfortunately it got delayed damnn!!!!!111)