Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

LOL i want this patch so much!
cobrrf_tuotteet.gif

from
http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/children_of_bodom/relentless_reckless_forever/#2cd-1

Out of curiosity, are you just a collector or an audiophile with a high-end analog setup?

I am only a collector. I sold a few of my vinyls in the fall and had over a hundred. Metal and progressive rock mostly. Haven't boughten one recently. The newest I got was Darkthrone's newest when it was released.

For Bodom I only have their Hellhounds On My Trail EP but hope to get all the re-releases sometime soon. I think I might start with RRF. Might as well since I'm gonna get it anyways and the vinyl is the same price.

Haha I thought it sounded like a steamy shit pile at first cause it was all over the place. But I think it's pretty good now; I remembered the sinergy riffs they said they might be using for this album; right until the first verse, it could sound exactly like something sinergy could have make minus their old tone. Just my opinion (There's a rhythm part I remember sounding exactly like in I spit on your grave) . The solo is pretty good also; I love that quick sweep. Still annoying though that the interviews say "alexi's bringing back the melodies" so I get my hopes up for melody driven songs where the actual melody stands out instead of behind the chorus like their new stuff :( Shovel knockout looks like it has it's own separate melody parts; Blooddrunk pretty much ditched that apart from a few songs.

After way more spins I have to say I start to see what Mitch said about the slow parts kind of resembling Lobodomy, but I think that while in Lobodomy, since they where pretty much all the song it had to offer, they were kind of dull, in this one they quite fit, because if it were just the main riff all over again and all the song at that speed I don't think the fast riffs would have the same effect. I don't know, if that is what the reviewers meant by breakdowns, to me please bring them on.

Just learned the solo from Ugly. Now that I can play it I like it much more!

Already? Fuck you! I can't figure it out :erk: But glad to hear I'm finally not alone. I thought from the word go that it was really good, it has some really cool ideas and it doesn't sound at all that typical to me, plus it really fits, it's not just fretboard wankery.

I like the intro but at 0:40, I have the impression that I'm listening "Was It Worth It?" .. hm

Then I suggest you get your ears in tune...

I really like that Alexi didn't use any of his annoying pentatonic scales in this solo. I fucking hate that stuff! Haven't heard any good solo yet which based on pentatonic shit - or at least not from Alexi. BUT: I wouldn't like the solo so much if it hasn't had that great tone. Fuck!, RRF seems to have the best lead tone of all Alexi albums right now

Again the question: DOES ANYBODY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHICH EQUIPMENT HE USE?!? I guess it's his gp-1000 again, but I'm not sure if it'S a Marshall cab... Sounds really Mesa-like... I also don't think that he's using his signature pickup.

I really like that Alexi didn't use any of his annoying pentatonic scales in this solo. I fucking hate that stuff! Haven't heard any good solo yet which based on pentatonic shit - or at least not from Alexi. BUT: I wouldn't like the solo so much if it hasn't had that great tone. Fuck!, RRF seems to have the best lead tone of all Alexi albums right now

Again the question: DOES ANYBODY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHICH EQUIPMENT HE USE?!? I guess it's his gp-1000 again, but I'm not sure if it'S a Marshall cab... Sounds really Mesa-like... I also don't think that he's using his signature pickup.

the mics they used on this album are different from the ones they used to record the old albums.

:loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

hello everybody, i'm a new subscriber here (i subsribed long time ago and my account wasn't activated)
well i liked the brand new song Ugly so much, and i can tell this song fits very well with HCDR and FTR (just put it here and there and it flows with the rest of songs in both albums)
isn't that a good sign ?
i've just learned it on keyboard. I'm uploading my cover soon