Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

After getting a chance to listen to the song for the first time (and playing it repeatedly after that) today, I can say that I like it much better than WIWI.
I have no real idea about the technical side of music, so I'll leave that one alone, but it sounds much more pleasing to my ears than WIWI. I'm much more excited for the album now than I was after hearing WIWI.

I really like that Alexi didn't use any of his annoying pentatonic scales in this solo. I fucking hate that stuff! Haven't heard any good solo yet which based on pentatonic shit - or at least not from Alexi. BUT: I wouldn't like the solo so much if it hasn't had that great tone. Fuck!, RRF seems to have the best lead tone of all Alexi albums right now

Again the question: DOES ANYBODY OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHICH EQUIPMENT HE USE?!? I guess it's his gp-1000 again, but I'm not sure if it'S a Marshall cab... Sounds really Mesa-like... I also don't think that he's using his signature pickup.

Indeed the tone is great and is a good bonus to the solo, but the solo itself is also pretty damn good. The tone I'm not sure, you may be right on the Mesa. On the GP-1000 I would say he's definitely using it, because the crystal clear mids and the sharp tone ara back there.

Cool video! :) Awesome you could hear Henkka doing his vocals very well there in the video

Actually they're showing Henkka but the vocals you hear are Alexi's.

hello everybody, i'm a new subscriber here (i subsribed long time ago and my account wasn't activated)
well i liked the brand new song Ugly so much, and i can tell this song fits very well with HCDR and FTR (just put it here and there and it flows with the rest of songs in both albums)
isn't that a good sign ?
i've just learned it on keyboard. I'm uploading my cover soon
Welcome:)

More hcdr in that case, but not the entire song. The part that I really like at about 1:00, that's quite much Ftr-style.

You know, the solo in Ugly doesn't really sound like a metal solo. And that is a good thing actually. It brings more diversity into the song and with the tone being so awesome it's just awesome

Just received this email from COBHateWear, which kinda sucks :(

Dear customer,

We just received information from the record company that the track list for single "Was It Worth It?" will change.

The updated track list will be:
Was It Worth It?
Angels Don`t Kill (live)

So these will not be included in the single:
Everytime I Die (live)
Was It Worth It? (video)

We are very sorry of this inconvenience.

I don't get why they wouldn't add the video.
Is the presale of the limited edition to low? Since the song on there are the same as on the single.

I wonder if there's any logic in releasing the song (WIWI) months beforehand, and wait until the album release with the video. If they absolutely had to take this 'interesting' strategy to go forth with a commercial track, why not release it properly. Even the massive Facebook WIWI campaign went underway WITHOUT the video. That's stupidity. They should also do another video for the best track on the album, SKO or NMF or CotN, with a proper video theme and release that a week in advance to the album release. A very suspicious strategy the management has chosen.

Financiality aside, it's a shame they have to explain 'it's not our best song', maybe even Chris Cole will have to explain his buddies and fans it's actually the worst song on the album. Let's see if the Americans warm up to that just because it sounds more commercial. It's still COB, is it different enough. If you don't like girls with big tits you're not gonna start liking them if they change hair color.

I asked HateWear if there was any reason given for not including the WIWI video:

"No,they dont give any reason for the change. As far as we know video will be shown on COBHC website on release date.

Regards,COBHW"

I wonder if there's any logic in releasing the song (WIWI) months beforehand, and wait until the album release with the video. If they absolutely had to take this 'interesting' strategy to go forth with a commercial track, why not release it properly. Even the massive Facebook WIWI campaign went underway WITHOUT the video! That's stupidity. They should also do another video for the best track on the album, SKO or NMF or CotN, with a proper video theme and release that a week in advance to the album release. A very suspicious strategy the management has chosen.

I agree that the video should have been released along with the song and even the actual CDS at the same time. Pretty sloppy "digitally" releasing WIWI and then having a separate date for the CDS which is even different than the actual CD release AND EVEN premiering Ugly somewhere in between.

And what is so random about the CDS? The songs chosen for it? It could be any songs. Hell, AYDY and Downfall or Needled 24/7 and Living Dead Beat and it would still be "random". I'd love to hear all the songs for the sake of hearing live tracks. I love live music no matter who or what it is.

I agree that the video should have been released along with the song and even the actual CDS at the same time. Pretty sloppy "digitally" releasing WIWI and then having a separate date for the CDS which is even different than the actual CD release AND EVEN premiering Ugly somewhere in between.

They should make a proper video for one of the best songs and release it March 8th to show they can do real metal as well. And not the silly stuff again, but something that's actually creative. Make an adrenaline-filled video with a masked guy running away from an armed gang and eventually knocking them all out with a shovel, or take the band to a murky marshland somewhere in the wild for an aesthetic Not My Funeral video. Do it.

They should make a proper video for one of the best songs and release it March 8th to show they can do real metal as well. And not the silly stuff again, but something that's actually creative. Make an adrenaline-filled video with a masked guy running away from an armed gang and eventually knocking them all out with a shovel, or take the band to a murky marshland somewhere in the wild for an aesthetic Not My Funeral video. Do it.

Fuck yes. I don't know why they don't do that anyways. They always seem to have to release the redhead track of the album as a single and I think that if they have a ripping song like Ugly, SKO or Not my Funeral (so some say) then why not release that and just fucking get it over with. Don't understand why they do that because no one cares for those shit songs. In Your Face I rarely ever listen to because it feels just to me to be a song to grab attention of new listeners.

am i the only one who think that the first riff sounds like Kissing the shadows's intro (faster 1.75X)? o_O i have just recornized that