Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

K-Man:

Guitars, bass, drums, and my monitor shit ready to roll. Just need keys & light stuff done. Shipping on Wed. for the States BLS tour. ;)

Just keys and light stuff still to do? What's light stuff? So album is ready on Wednesday (also mixed/mastered?)

K-Man:

Guitars, bass, drums, and my monitor shit ready to roll. Just need keys & light stuff done. Shipping on Wed. for the States BLS tour. ;)

Just keys and light stuff still to do? What's light stuff? So album is ready on Wednesday (also mixed/mastered?)

Maybe he was talking about the band and himself leaving for the US on Wednesday.

That would make sense as they where recording keys some days ago already.

edit: or they aren't done yet and continue after the tour. Because we haven't heard anything about recording guitars and the gear was picked up a couple of days ago.
If that's the ase it'll be lame. Yes, I understand you don't want to disappoint the fans but pausing recording for 3-4 months? No way.
Let's hope that's not the case.

I just re-watched the old COBTV's and damn. I want them to make a new episode.

Hell, I even bought a Blooddrunk vinyl, and it's gorgeous.

And we still haven't heard anything about the guitars having been recorded...

That would make sense as they where recording keys some days ago already.

edit: or they aren't done yet and continue after the tour. Because we haven't heard anything about recording guitars and the gear was picked up a couple of days ago.
If that's the ase it'll be lame. Yes, I understand you don't want to disappoint the fans but pausing recording for 3-4 months? No way.
Let's hope that's not the case.

Lets hope thats a worst case scenario. That would really blow. And it would probably postpone the release.

Well it seems the band is quietly confident and would not rest on their laurels fishing on the lake etc if they had serious problems with getting anything done. It does seem as if they've forgotten their fans this year, but I hope it's just calm before the "storm." It will be truly interesting to see what they've got. Not psyching up people during the process also takes some pressure off their shoulders as it lowers our expectations.

*puzzled* What makes you say that, Joonas?

Intentional mute about the new album stuff during (the few) interviews. But it's a two sided coin, maybe it would be lame to start hyping up everything when it's not even ready. But I think it's "exciting" they didn't keep us updated during studio. They've spent more time than ever for the new album I think, so it's all up to the ideas.

Intentional mute about the new album stuff during (the few) interviews. But it's a two sided coin, maybe it would be lame to start hyping up everything when it's not even ready. But I think it's "exciting" they didn't keep us updated during studio. They've spent more time than ever for the new album I think, so it's all up to the ideas.

Oh, I see what you're saying. I have confidence that we'll all be pleased with the new album, Joonas - even if the anticipation is sometimes frustrating. :headbang:

For my part, I seem to be strange in that I only want to hear new material that's finished and whole. I hate teasers and I hate pirated YouTube videos of unreleased material in concert. People send me links to videos like that all the time, but I won't watch them. Pirating and leaks are so commonplace, a lot of bands seem to consider teasers necessary. Depending on how they're presented, they can be fun. While COBTV was hilarious and the guys used the opportunity to sneak preview new material in a time and manner of their choosing, surely it's a good sign that, this time around, apparently they were too busy making the new album to tease us with anything? I guess we'll see!

Yo Kal can we have some news?

*K-Man offline*

Thanks.

What I can tell you is that everything went super good at the studio. So much that they finished with all the tracking they were planing on doing there, 2 days early. As you know we will be leaving for the States in a couple weeks to tour with BLS. The band guys are going a couple days earlier to track the last bits. Then we have a pre-production day and the next day after that we start the tour.

That is really all I can say. Sorry

What I can tell you is that everything went super good at the studio. So much that they finished with all the tracking they were planing on doing there, 2 days early. As you know we will be leaving for the States in a couple weeks to tour with BLS. The band guys are going a couple days earlier to track the last bits. Then we have a pre-production day and the next day after that we start the tour.

K, thanks, I understand the big news will have to wait a while more. I'm sensing it's gonna be a solid record.

K man... that was more info that I was expecting to get. Good to hear the recording process is going well, which tells me they know what they want with this album and are set on it being that way.

Can't wait to see them on tour.

thanks for the update :)

Thank you for the news, K-Man:)

Do you know if they`ll make COBTV part 3?