Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Thanks for the update, K-Man. I'm glad to read everything went even better than planned at the studio.

Somehow, I find myself wholeheartedly endorsing the band's discretion about the new album. It's a sound decision, imho. For more than a reason.

So what? What have I missed. Have't really followed this process as I whould have done..

Have they released any artwork at all? When is it planned to be released and is it kinda turning out to be some core-shit for 14 year old boys with bandana and portable schytes?

Just wondring =)

So what? What have I missed. Have't really followed this process as I whould have done..

Have they released any artwork at all? When is it planned to be released and is it kinda turning out to be some core-shit for 14 year old boys with bandana and portable schytes?

Just wondring =)
You are just ''wondring'' kk..I advise you to read back some pages and I'm sure you'll find the information you are looking for.

Me too! I'm wondering if they're gonna add a few seconds of a new song??? Would be awesome!
And I'm glad to hear they're doing vocals now - only a few days left till they gotta head to US...

Sounds like they really want to get it done before touring the US. Leaving it after the tour would probably postpone the release a few months so that would suck.

Fucking awesome. But he said he's watching the first cut..so don't expect the video in a day or so. I guess this COBTV part 3 will only have footage from this studio session..that means we will never see the ''original'' part 3 from the Blooddrunk sessions :(

I think there never was a CoBTV #3 about Blooddrunk. Correct me if I'm wrong and they really did promise a third part. Oh, and that "Next on COBTV" at the end of the vid is kind of irrelevant.

:) They're not releasing a COB TV 3 from the Blooddrunk session now that they're doing the newest album!.. fans would start sending rotting animals to Spinefarm because of no news about the album.. And no the release won't be postponed, these things have a plan to go by. Like Kal said the session went very well and ahead of schedule. Plus they've had more time than ever for the album and seem relaxed about it. It's just funny they're calling it COB TV pt. 3. I guess we'll hear one or two cool riffs.

Just another word on the loudness war, and I promise it's gonna be the last. Here is a link to a user-updated database with many records' dynamic range measured and exposed.

To clarify my previous posts on the matter, I'm currently listening to the 1990 edition of Megadeth's Rust in peace. According to the database, it's got a pretty good dynamic range and I'd dare anyone to state it doesn't sound loud. 'Cause it does. And it's also very enjoyable. By comparison, try searching for "Children of Bodom" on the database :( Any chance the new album will have a dynamic range the likes of Rust in peace (I mentioned this album as an example but there are many other metal albums with good DR figures; try Metallica's older stuff for instance)?

Yes, I know I'm probably being delusional. And no, it doesn't mean I'm not going to buy and enjoy the new album if it turns out to have a flat DR. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to show the database and share my thoughts: maybe K-Man could let Matt and/or the band know, and maybe they may like the idea of a higher DR. Or not. It was still worth trying :)

:) They're not releasing a COB TV 3 from the Blooddrunk session now that they're doing the newest album!.. fans would start sending rotting animals to Spinefarm because of no news about the album.. And no the release won't be postponed, these things have a plan to go by. Like Kal said the session went very well and ahead of schedule. Plus they've had more time than ever for the album and seem relaxed about it. It's just funny they're calling it COB TV pt. 3. I guess we'll hear one or two cool riffs.

I'm happy we're getting COBTV again, can't wait for it, and looks like they're happy with it and it's going good, can't wait for it :)

I'm happy we're getting COBTV again, can't wait for it, and looks like they're happy with it and it's going good, can't wait for it :)

Yeah can't wait for that. I'm just a little skeptic about this album because we've heard absolutely nothing at all about it except that it's going to be heavy type of metal and they seem to have some killer tracks among the 9. And, as I've counted, 4 short lines of description within a full year about the band's next album doesn't promise a lot. I'm as much prepared to be let down as I'm to be surprised.

I think it's notable how we've managed to squeeze 42 page amount of speculation out of basically nothing. It's more difficult to be excited when you don't know what to expect. But only the album name alone will be cool to hear, as it will be the name used when discussing this album the years to come. Fingers and toes crossed they use some wild title and nothing too basic.

I hope they top Blooddrunk. Shouldn't be too hard for them tbh. They just need to stop that thrash and make cool riffs and atmosphere. I think the only memorable heavy riffs on Blooddrunk were the one on Smilex and the one on TMR. The label's marketing slogan "all you liked about COB and magnified tenfold" would practically mean they made an album like a crossbreed of Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper with a heavier sound. Sounds like dope. Can't see a weak side about that one. (Except Alexi can't sing the way he used to anymore.)

The label's marketing slogan "all you liked about COB and magnified tenfold" would practically mean they made an album like a crossbreed of Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper with a heavier sound. Sounds like dope.
Well, why Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper? Didnt they say they wont make any album like that again? And I guess the you in 'all you liked ..' refers to the thrash style fans

Well, why Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper? Didnt they say they wont make any album like that again? And I guess the you in 'all you liked ..' refers to the thrash style fans

That's the fun thing about that slogan, every fan likes different stuff about them so what does it imply to. Versatility?

Even if they had boring songs with no special ideas, it would still sound great if they adopted an exciting guitar tone and a cold all-around synthesizer sound world. Just my 2 cents. There was always the concern that they'd rather strive away from that since Mr. Hyde is known to be credited for stuff such as Slayer.

Couple of new pics on Kal's twitter: http://web.me.com/kmancobhc/site/PICS/Pages/MY_SUMMER.html#61