Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

>Protest the Hero fucking rule

what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_copy_142.jpg

Opinions though.

^stay trve

Not to mention the fact that they're actually interacting with their fans a fuckton which is more than can be said for BODOM

Here's the part of 69 Eyes' latest album's making of where you have the band commenting on what Matt Hyde did to their music and an interview of the guy himself:

Alexi already said the new album is more guitar riff oriented, same thing you can hear on this video right before Matt's speech, so it's a bit concerning, but I dig the guy and hope this time he did get into the keyboard world and didn't strip it down too much. I'm not saying the same stuff is gonna happen, especially as COB has been ripped off prominent keyboards since FTR, but a reference point anyway.

69 Eyes used to be a rock band like this, then they developed the atmospheric goth style with keyboards and stuff that made them great, now with this album they lost the magic. But this time their songwriting was weaker too. But I don't see how stripping down the automatic atmosphere boost of keyboards compensates for bad songwriting... I guess be good at whatever you do, and when you have nothing it's easy to make simple rock sound alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously didn't understand your first post. You're doing what?

-Expectations for the album: I could give you an analytical thought line based on facts we already know (it's all over this thread especially the last few pages), or I could give you the fact the band has held fans in almost total black out concerning their new album, and anyone can draw their own conclusions from that.

-The song titles, if they are indeed the final versions, are something we've not seen from the band before. Especially the title of the new video track Was It Worth It is something you couldn't have expected from this band. Usually their song titles are more subjective. However, the titles refer to the album style being quite dark, as stated by the band.

-The tracks were completely recorded before the current tour started - it's all done.

Thanks a lot for the info might I ask you a first and last name so I know who to quote in my article?

do you know what philosophy is

>pretty obvious Protest the Hero reference in username
>Protest the Hero are in the process of making a new album RIGHT NOW
>chooses COB

:|

I couldn't find any press releases for Protest the Hero, which is what this assignment is based off of or believe me I would have :( Don't get me wrong though, I still love Bodom.

I don't know 69 Eyes, but this is what I got from it:
They have no keyboard player in the band, so it's all recorded and not reproduced live. Hyde wanted to focus more on what the band itself is, which is guitar oriented.

The difference with CoB? CoB does have a keyboard player so that means he can't restrict them to guitars for that reason.

I don't know 69 Eyes, but this is what I got from it:
They have no keyboard player in the band, so it's all recorded and not reproduced live. Hyde wanted to focus more on what the band itself is, which is guitar oriented.

The difference with CoB? CoB does have a keyboard player so that means he can't restrict them to guitars for that reason.

exactly

I couldn't find any press releases for Protest the Hero, which is what this assignment is based off of or believe me I would have :( Don't get me wrong though, I still love Bodom.

Their official facebook page has photos, progress announcements and studio update videos galore, go check it out dude

^stay trve

Not to mention the fact that they're actually interacting with their fans a fuckton which is more than can be said for BODOM

Interacting is nice, yeah.. but if you mean via internet.. well especially that should be left to the band members themselves. They dont owe you anything. If they chill with you after the gig that's great, if you get this *they 're really down to earth buddies*feeling but you can't expect them to do that. Of course it is awesome that they make money with playing and recording music and that they shoudlnt complain too much about a hard life because that sounds crazy to people with shit jobs but I dont dislike a band if they dont send me emails or stuff.

Was this another video or the skateboarding one?

Oct 5 Louisville gig
Oct 6 North Pennsylvania filming video
Oct 7 Philadelphia gig

Geographically they're close. But I thought they filmed the video before Wednesday...

Yeah and Lobodomy didn't have anything to do with internet either...

Kimberly Goss wrote the lyrics to that one...

in Bodom we trust

Bingo!

do you know what philosophy is

>pretty obvious Protest the Hero reference in username
>Protest the Hero are in the process of making a new album RIGHT NOW
>chooses COB

:|

^stay trve

Go back to COBOT, you have no business in here and the COB mockery is not in place in the on-topic section. You claim to be all over them and have no interest, so you have nothing to do here.