Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

The more interesting question is when will we get to hear the first song, to know how the album will sound. 23 weeks to go until March 7th now. I think in 5 weeks we'll get some news when the American tour ends. Can't really wait for the cover art and titles either. I hope for something brave and not too predictable. But whatever title they come up with will be better than all the others except Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper which are interesting titles.

I kinda loved the idea presented here about the single track Was It Worth It being about a skateboarder fag selling his soul to the devil(/reaper) to become the next Tony Hawk but he ends up failing or is trapped in the skating alley forever with his skills. :D Maybe better not to think too much and become overly excited. I do like the three released song titles and the promised darker vibes tho.

I just hope we get something soon, I know that real news won't come now they're on tour, but some interviews would be cool at least. And then hopefully when they're back from the tour we get some info on the video and single release and that shit. Although probably we won't hear a damn thing until Christmas or so.

I'm sure the band can't contain it all until the single release so maybe if the label says it's ok we'll get a taste of one song in their MySpace around Christmas. Depends how many great songs they've got to "spend." I guess the album opener is the only one that will never be released in advance under any circumstances.

My only plan is to play the new stuff as loud as possible the first time.

Just realized there's been a confusion on that one new song title, I think it's supposed to be "mis" suicide, like "misconduct." So it's probably Missuicide like someone suggested. Still need work on English. Missuicide would also continue the COB tradition to connect words like hate breeder, six pounder, blood drunk (kind of, because missuicide is technically not in English dictionary - supposing that is the correct title). So there's a mass suicide when a group of people jump off a cliff together, and there's a missuicide when one of them lands on a cow's back.

I used to have a hamster. But it starved to death when I was just writing here. So I now grow weed on what used to be its home. No, I am passionate about a lot of things, not just obsessed with COB, it's just one of my passions. Thing is I have the fortune to access internet at work. But this is COB discussion, don't want to annoy you with my personal stuff.

I'm not trying to be intrusive, but you didn't actually list a hobby :lol: Nevermind though, you are entertaining the way you are, OCD and all.

ON TOPIC!

I know the next album is going to suck.

I used to have a hamster. But it starved to death when I was just writing here. So I now grow weed on what used to be its home. No, I am passionate about a lot of things, not just obsessed with COB, it's just one of my passions. Thing is I have the fortune to access internet at work. But this is COB discussion, don't want to annoy you with my personal stuff.

haha wow I'm sure your boss just loves that you're at work dreaming about Children of Bodom and writing all your ideas on their forum instead of doing work.

On topic though this whole speculation is dumb though, you guys are just torturing yourselves. All I do is skim the page, see if sleeper has posted and if there's any new links or pictures because that means actual new stuff and maybe a chance of a sample or something. If you keep thinking about it by the time it's released you're going to be insane. Heroin addicts have withdrawls, and I wouldn't be surprised if Joonas had Children of Bodom withdrawls if they released a segment of a single now and then no new info until the new album.

Alright, besides from the shitty song titles: Regarding the musical direction of the new CHILDREN OF BODOM material, Laiho told Revolver, "It's maybe a little more melodic than [2008's] 'Blooddrunk' was. It's maybe more guitar riff-oriented, really '80s guitar and stuff like that." - I really hope this turns out to be great album.

I think we already had the discussion about the song titles?
I don't like them either but I think it's been made clear that it's not about the lyrics with CoB. It's about the music.
So just shut up about the damn titles.

"It's maybe a little more melodic than [2008's] 'Blooddrunk' was. It's maybe more guitar riff-oriented, really '80s guitar and stuff like that."
That is the one thing I wanted to hear. Ok, maybe they focus a bit more on guitars instead of keyboards, but I'm sure there will be enough keyboard solos and it's more melodic so at this point I really think it's an improvement over BD in the good direction.

It's depressive after the stylished HB & FTR albums to have song titles like Dude Where's My Car Oil? Their sound guy visits this forum often but he's too busy breaking traffic speedlimits with his skateboard to take notice of the sense exploited here and advice Laiho to lay down the crack and start taking the image of this band seriously, as it's an important part of the art. But I guess we have to respect the artist's decision on song titles, and just see what they've got.

Well, Ugly is kinda weird, but I really don't see the problem with them, they're just songtitles, as long as the music is fine I couldn't care less, and I don't think they're gonna dissapoint in that field. Also, they seem really excited this time, so I do think we're on to something pretty good. I just wish we started getting more details or interviews or something.

Also, thanks a lot again sleeper, you always get there first haha.