Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

^ It's just people like the mysterious and darker titled songs of course, that are synonymous with CoB. Not about 'messed up chicks who are so depressed' :p

^Exactly. COB theme should be about a "brutal, mysterious murder on a lakeside", but the theme has sufficiently strayed into "consequences of severe drinking into mental and physical health." Actually I'm glad they have a song that slams angst teen girls rather than encourages them.

The last 2 Bodom-titled tracks have not really captured the essential thing or driven their purpose to keep the original theme going.

I like the description "more melodic." But didn't they say the same thing about Blooddrunk? I wouldn't mind lots of catchy melodies. And catchy riffs; Blooddrunk's weakness was majority of the riffs weren't catchy (like COB-catchy), just power chords arranged one after another.

New album is always faster and more melodic and more exciting and more badass than the previous one.. But what if it's a piece of diarrhea produced by some American dude who likes rock music and ends up being the band's crappiest and most overhyped album. Have you ever heard our new album is slower, less melodic, boring and lame. I'm excited after their comments, but I will be glad to state the true side of things if it turns out bad.. just because I'm still bitter over the way they kept silent about it for a year seeming uninspired, and then turn up saying it's cool as shit and expect everyone to be convinced.

I hope it will be death metal with touching melodies, coolest beats, bestial vocals, killer riffs, sick solos and remarkable atmosphere. It's good to live in hope.

New album is always faster and more melodic and more exciting and more badass than the previous one.. But what if it's a piece of diarrhea produced by some American dude who likes rock music and ends up being the band's crappiest and most overhyped album. Have you ever heard our new album is slower, less melodic, boring and lame. I'm excited after their comments, but I will be glad to state the true side of things if it turns out bad.. just because I'm still bitter over the way they kept silent about it for a year seeming uninspired, and then turn up saying it's cool as shit and expect everyone to be convinced.

I hope it will be death metal with touching melodies, coolest beats, bestial vocals, killer riffs, sick solos and remarkable atmosphere. It's good to live in hope.

I bet when Pantera were about to release Far Beyond Driven they just said it was heavier than their stuff before; bands always say it's better yeah but I wouldn't say they say its more melodic, faster, etc. I can get that you're skeptical and yeah they're going to overhype it but just because they have a famous more mainstream producer doesn't mean it'll suck; especially with alexi's musical knowledge combined with a mainstream producer the new cd could be really heavy but at the same time really fucking catchy because they know so much about arrangements etc. Not saying that's omgawesome but hey, I'm pumped for it no matter what since no CoB album yet has been truely bad.

I feel if they were not happy with the producer and what direction he wants them to go they would scrap all material and do it the way they wanted without him.

In the end it is there music and there names on the line, so if they don't like it, I seriously doubt they would release it.

I am expecting great things from the new album.

T minus 6 days until I get to see them in concert. Woo Hoo!!!

Was Joonas acting all insane, paranoid, crazy and did I mention insane, when Blooddrunk was about to be released?

Yes, it's his normal self in this situations, but it's just because he loves Bodom sometimes way too much. But he's the one to posts the most interesting stuff here in the on-topic on that matter besides sleeper, our interview-feed and lightning fast news spreader. Joonas is kinda mad sometimes, but instead of the usual crap he writes interesting stuff every now and then. And then he pulls a Joonas and post something too crazy even for himself and everybody jumps at him. That's him, but at least he contributes, don't forget that ;)

don't you think it's little mass suicide?

makes more sense to me than mis/miss

maybe the interviewer or something has heard it wrong, or maybe i'm totally wrong, tell me.

Alexi on new Bodom album: * hesitates*

"There's more black metal ish stuff going on...so its going to be very satanic"

IF they do, that would be interesting !
I wonder how this will turn out though...

That is my reason for my first post in years.

And even that was discussed already. Thing is we'd like to think Black Metal is dark, atmospheric and deep with lots of keys and stuff, but they may have a sort of different interpretation of BM, like Done With Everything which they think is close to BM... What I get out of Alexi's description is they wanna write more catchy stuff, like guitar riffs/melodies you can sing along to without knowing anything about the guitar. That sounds nice, as many of their choruses on the recent albums have been boring / definitely not the climax of the song. And I think they should make interesting riffs also for the parts where there's vocals, like back in the day. Maybe they learnt from Sinergy it's not funny when a good riff is ruined by screaming vocals on top.

Lmao. Norther has given us more news than COB and im pretty sure they started recording in late august.

At least with Norther we got an album title, 3 in the studio videos, which show about 4 riffs, some vocals, and alot of drumming.

Not to mention a really cool, fan create the album artwork contest, and voting.

I'd love a create the album artwork contest. But I guess only a few people would take part. COB treated fans like a husband who leaves the family freezing in the winter outside the door. But as long as the COB album is better than the Norther album their ass is safe.. at least we now know why song titles weren't announced earlier.. it didn't seem to be the first thing they thought about, just something that has to be done at some point. I hope they surprise with the album title and artwork.

I know song titles are just that, song titles. Nothing more, nothing less. That being said, I wish Bodom would stop taking this "Dude, we are just joking around" thing too far. When they made the first four albums they had decent titles that were memorable like Mask Of Sanity, Towards Dead End, Deadnight Warrior, etc. as well as joke titles like Little Blood Red Riding Hood. But names like 'Ugly' 'Pussyfoot Miss Suicide' and 'Was it worth it?' just makes me cringe. Sounds like a mix between some pop artist and an emo band. :cry:

I know song titles are just that, song titles. Nothing more, nothing less. That being said, I wish Bodom would stop taking this "Dude, we are just joking around" thing too far. When they made the first four albums they had decent titles that were memorable like Mask Of Sanity, Towards Dead End, Deadnight Warrior, etc. as well as joke titles like Little Blood Red Riding Hood. But names like 'Ugly' 'Pussyfoot Miss Suicide' and 'Was it worth it?' just makes me cringe. Sounds like a mix between some pop artist and an emo band. :cry:

:lol:

She's done lyrics for at least Silent Night, Bastards Of Bodom and Lobodomy. Maybe Alexi think it's lame to write lyrics himself to a Bodom-theme song. But I don't know how you came to the conclusion Kimberly didn't do anything this time. It's not like she has anything to do with it apart from a couple incidents. I personally couldn't care any less about COB lyrics (except from a couple songs from their earlier albums).

She's done lyrics for at least Silent Night, Bastards Of Bodom and Lobodomy. Maybe Alexi think it's lame to write lyrics himself to a Bodom-theme song. But I don't know how you came to the conclusion Kimberly didn't do anything this time. It's not like she has anything to do with it apart from a couple incidents. I personally couldn't care any less about COB lyrics (except from a couple songs from their earlier albums).

Why are you always so fucking serious? It was supposed to be like a joke...