Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Yeah, over a year and almost no info. Their completly done recording and we know almost nothing. Meanwhile Norther isn't even done recording, and they've already given the album title.

I completly agree with your point on A) and B) . This definetly isn't going to be an in between album. I think this album is almost do or die for them. I have a bad feeling the fan base will be riped in half, as if its not already, by the release.

I dont expect much. The song titles are a shade of truth to how bad it might be.

Well certainly it hasn't appeared to be something they were exited and inspired doing. The producer as an addition further fuels the concerns. Like they're a bunch of sheeples in need of a guide.

Blooddrunk was definitely an in between album, and that's why they could talk a lot about it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that great either.

Ok we've heard the new album has killer songs and it slays, but that doesn't really say much. Of course it's kickass on a basic level - but compared to what?

Apart from all the concerns I still can't stay still thinking it could be a very good COB album.

Well certainly it hasn't appeared to be something they were exited and inspired doing. The producer as an addition further fuels the concerns. Like they're a bunch of sheeples in need of a guide.

Blooddrunk was definitely an in between album, and that's why they could talk a lot about it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't that great either.

Ok we've heard the new album has killer songs and it slays, but that doesn't really say much. Of course it's kickass on a basic level - but compared to what?

Apart from all the concerns I still can't stay still thinking it could be a very good COB album.

Thats a great point to make.

They haven't seem the least bit excited about recording. They basically have this "well i quess were required to make a new album, so whatever..." addittude. And that is bullshit.

The producer single handedly kills my optimism. I dont trust this man. I see alot more "Rock" coming outta lake bodom this time around, with the producer as the catalyst behind it.

I happened to be on the positive side for BD. But that was because of the speed on it. But also because of the build up process behind the album. I had set expectations because i was given information to base them on.

With this question mark of an album, we've got nothing. So i, in turn, expect nothing.

It kills and slays compared to other albums Hyde has produced, notably No Doubt.:lol:

Has anyone heard his comments about the 69 eyes older materials keyboards? He almost bashes the band when he talks about the keys on previous albums.

:53 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, i might not ever post again after that elaborate bashing. :lol:
Wasn't really meant as bashing either, was just pointing out that you were acting like a retard. Yours and Joonas fucking theories and speculations amazes me. Acting like the band is obliged to serve you any kind of news they have, what food they had for dinner, how long of a shit Roope took the next morning or something similar. Let me explain it for you, it's pretty simple...
When they have news to post, they will post it when they want to do it. Trust me, they've already planned out what news to give out and when they are going to post them, of course the album already has a title, but they will reveal the title on the day that they've planned to reveal it.

My guess is that they will wait for a while, and then they will start to release news continuously.
''they don't give a fuck about the fans'' blablabla, seriously, are you retarded?
They haven't seem the least bit excited about recording. They basically have this "well i quess were required to make a new album, so whatever..." addittude. And that is bullshit.
... Do I even have to comment?

They basically have this "well i quess were required to make a new album, so whatever..." addittude. And that is bullshit.

Agreed. Of course having to make a COB album is shitloads of hard work. But still one would rather see them think of it as an exciting opportunity and thrilling challenge. That's one of the few lines we heard about the album over the year and that could've maybe been chosen better.

The producer single handedly kills my optimism.

Well, it was their label's idea.. just for extra? Or did they have an alarm bell ring when Alexi seemed exhausted.

Has anyone heard his comments about the 69 eyes older materials keyboards? He almost bashes the band when he talks about the keys on previous albums.

Yeah I posted it here earlier. He's definitely not a fan of keys, and my respect for COB will definitely diminish if they cut off use of keys in traditional Bodomish fashion because this bloke doesn't happen to be into keys that much. Especially bearing in mind Janne and Kal definitely saw my poll where 90% of fans voted for more keyboards.

If the album actually kicks ass and is creative then I will be impressed. There will be a couple great tracks, a few good ones and some 4 maybe not so good ones, as always, but.. looking forward to hearing just one song to know what it's like..

Especially bearing in mind Janne and Kal definitely saw my poll where 90% of fans voted for more keyboards.

:lol:!
you really think after seeing such poll he goes to the band and is like*dudes, I Joonas and the other fans from the board want more keys, we better do something to not let them down because its their music!*

^Well I think the point is Matt Hyde is (kind of) supposed to tell them what's 'in' these days, and if he says cut off the keys then that goes against our poll doesn't it. If he actually did his research/home work we all know what he SHOULD tell the band to put more emphasis on, looking back at their vintage albums. And yes I know Blooddrunk sold the most, but it would be narrow minded to look at it that way, as Blooddrunk-type of metal isn't what made them famous.

Gonna be some exciting times after a few months when we finally get to hear what they've got. Few more weeks and maybe we get some news.

:lol:!
you really think after seeing such poll he goes to the band and is like*dudes, I Joonas and the other fans from the board want more keys, we better do something to not let them down because its their music!*

More like "Dudes! Some random guys on the internet decided that we should put more keyboards in our music! We totally gotta do it!" :lol: honestly :lol:

^Well I think the point is Matt Hyde is (kind of) supposed to tell them what's 'in' these days, and if he says cut off the keys then that goes against our poll doesn't it.

Well, Blooddrunk has sold tens of thousands of copies, and this poll has 67 votes :rolleyes:

This all depends how you want to look at it. Of course they could make a Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga & Marilyn Manson cover album and sell ten times more than they ever did, but would it be their best album? My life doesn't depend on what they do with the album, I'm just gonna enjoy it with great excitement, (sometimes I do take it too seriously) but it's naturally a little awkward seeing they feel like going more to the thrash direction (remains to be seen how this album is) when vast majority of their fans would like to see them go back the other direction - but it doesn't mean they should do what fans want. How much is influenced by targeting new kind of fans, how much is really spontaneous, we'll never know. It's perfectly fine also, they have an artist's freedom, as long as they don't quit doing solos because American general public doesn't care about them.

I'm not saying that poll should mean anything. And even if they did take it into account, it would be wiser to go the other way and try to seduce those who are not fans yet, because everyone who voted are already fans. :p Just bring on the god damn album. :yell:

I think the Matt Hyde debate is going way too far. Do you really think Alexi, someone that to write an album goes and isolates himself from everything until he is done and then brings the result for the rest of the band to fine tune, and who for starters didn't want a producer at all at first, will have cattered for anything? Matt Hyde I'm pretty confident had no input in the actual songs as pieces of music, the basic product if you will. His job was to, once the songs were written, try to show them ways to make said songs sound better and widen their views with the opinion of somebody inside the music world but outside the band. I really don't think Matt Hyde should be any concern to anybody. I think COB's proved enough times that they put out the album they want to put out, so I wouldn't worry about the possibility of Matt Hyde turning into COB's Bob Rock. We're talking about COB, not Metallica.

Doesn't Janne transpose his keyboard down a step to play solos easier or something? In the COB TV part where he does support for Roope's rapidfire he uses D key. Just thinking if they're tired of the drop-C stuff.

Yah the composition of the songs and the amount of keyboard ultimately is a result of what Alexi composed before they hit the studio. He writes the songs first, so Matt Hyde is just there to make it sound huge basically. What Matt Hyde could possibly do though is lower the volume of the keyboards in the mix. But honestly he's just gonna be doing what Alexi tells him to do.

honing in directly on Children of Bodom’s high-spirited fire and the skaters’ eye-opening execution.

I lol'd. Seriously, the whole idea of skater video is so bad it's hilarious. And whoever's writing for Guitarworld really needs to cut down on 'trendy' adjectives.

I guess we just need to hope the song/album sounds better than it looks.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to hear the song.

cob1.jpg

cob4.jpg

Regarding the musical direction of the new CHILDREN OF BODOM material, Laiho told Revolver, "It's maybe a little more melodic than [2008's] 'Blooddrunk' was. It's maybe more guitar riff-oriented, really '80s guitar and stuff like that."

According to Laiho, the recording sessions for the new CHILDREN OF BODOM album produced nine originals and one cover song that he says is "gonna be fucking funny as shit. I don't think it's something anybody would necessarily want to cover — not a metal band, anyway."

Among the other tracks that are set to appear on the next CHILDREN OF BODOM CD are "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide" and "Ugly"

Regarding the subject matter covered in the "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide" lyrics, Laiho told Revolver, "I've been involved with stupid chicks who were trying to get attention by being, 'Oh, I'm so fucking depressed. I'm gonna slit my wrists with a cheese grater...' And it's so fucking boring, like, 'Just let it go. You're really not gonna do it, anyway.' It's kind of harsh, but it's fuckin' black humor." "Ugly", on the other hand, is "really just venting and screaming stupid stuff. Nobody should expect anything deep and poetic and sensitive and intelligent, y'know?"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bl...bermouth+(Blabbermouth.net's+Daily+Headlines)

Meh, I want the old leather pants,- leather vest, -bullet belt wearing and fuck the whole world Alexi back. Where is all the hate gone? Fuck the new Adults Of Bodom!

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but if not, then I'm sure you can understand that it's no longer 1999 and Alexi is now over 30 years old.

As for the whole skateboarding thing, it doesn't make Children of Bodom any more or less metal. It's just another activity that some people (including Alexi and Kal, amongst others) like to do.

If you don't like skateboarding, or skaters, it just means you don't share that interest. It doesn't mean anything about the band's music or attitude.

Does someone has an IPod touch or IPhone with the "ESP experience" app?
If yes u can find there (exclusice->alexi laiho/children of bodom) a video called "Alexi in the studio"

Matt Hyde is talking about the new album, the working process,...
Alexi says a few words too.
You can hear parts of their new songs :)! and see a paper from Alexi with the lyrics for a new song. I think the song is called "shovel knock out"

Can`t wait for the new album! Seems like a lot of really hard work!