Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Interesting!

iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad... found a link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/esp-guitar-experience/id387902156?mt=8

I don't have one of those.. It's an application you download for it for 2$? Can someone handle it and upload the samples somewhere? Are those samples from the demo sessions last spring or the actual studio... and how long are they and of how many tracks?

Shovel Knockout. Sounds like orchestra hits and heavy riffing... These titles are weird as FUCK.

The title track hasn't been revealed and also not the Bodom-themed title, and I'm guessing the slow song title and opening track title could still be secret.

As for the whole skateboarding thing, it doesn't make Children of Bodom any more or less metal. It's just another activity that some people (including Alexi and Kal, amongst others) like to do.

Does that mean, that having gay sex on a metal video doesn't make the band any less metal, because that's also just another activity, that some people like to do?

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but if not, then I'm sure you can understand that it's no longer 1999 and Alexi is now over 30 years old.

Abbath is 37 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does someone has an IPod touch or IPhone with the "ESP experience" app?
If yes u can find there (exclusice->alexi laiho/children of bodom) a video called "Alexi in the studio"

Matt Hyde is talking about the new album, the working process,...
Alexi says a few words too.
You can hear parts of their new songs :)! and see a paper from Alexi with the lyrics for a new song. I think the song is called "shovel knock out"

Can`t wait for the new album! Seems like a lot of really hard work!

That might be the news we've been dying to hear and it's for the goddamn iWhatever?
I really hope someone can upload it for people who don't have something like that.
Although it probably becomes 'public' a few weeks later..

Does that mean, that having gay sex on a metal video doesn't make the band any less metal, because that's also just another activity, that some people like to do?

Yes that is what it means. Do you think Judas Priest aren't metal because Rob Halford is gay, and writes songs with thinly veiled allusions to gay sex, like "Turbo Lover"? If you do, it doesn't mean you're metal, it means you're a bigot.

Neither skateboarding nor sexual orientation have anything to do with the quality of the music or whether something or someone is or is not "metal".

My point is that people change a lot between the ages of 20 and 30. And who gives a fuck what you wear?

Abbath is 37 years old.

Abbath is also fucking awesome. Also, Venom's Cronos is, like, almost 50, and he wears leather pants on stage.

So yeah, apparently being over 30 doesn't automatically make one like gay sex and skateboarding. It also doesn't make either "metal".

Do you think Judas Priest aren't metal because Rob Halford is gay, and writes songs with thinly veiled allusions to gay sex, like "Turbo Lover"?

There's a difference between liking something and making it a major part of the band. Halford may be gay, but the band doesn't engage in any sort of "activity" on stage or in music videos.

And who gives a fuck what you wear?

It's called stage image. It matters.

Yes, you have to pay for that app. I downloaded the app a few weeks ago and didn`t notice the interview until today.
I tried to search the video on youtube and the ESP page but I couldn`t find it :( sorry
I think the interview was made when the album was nearly ready. Matt Hyde is talking about Alexis vocals so I think it was made when they recorded the vocals.

Does someone has an IPod touch or IPhone with the "ESP experience" app?
If yes u can find there (exclusice->alexi laiho/children of bodom) a video called "Alexi in the studio"

Matt Hyde is talking about the new album, the working process,...
Alexi says a few words too.
You can hear parts of their new songs :)! and see a paper from Alexi with the lyrics for a new song. I think the song is called "shovel knock out"

Can`t wait for the new album! Seems like a lot of really hard work!
Ah man you're making me jealous..but I will never go as low as buying an iFag.
sleeper666, where aaaaaaaaaare you? :p

What, I just got home and see there's no information. Can someone tell us exactly what's in it ASAP? 2 second bad quality scenes where Alexi screams over what seems noise? I can do something on Friday evening but not sooner.

I tried to look up this ESP experience app in Android market.. but nothing. This seems to be a huge disadvantage of my Androidphone... Damn I wanna hear something new so much! :)

My first post here btw.. hehe.

Abbath is 37 years old.

And he's ridiculous.

Yes, you have to pay for that app. I downloaded the app a few weeks ago and didn`t notice the interview until today.
I tried to search the video on youtube and the ESP page but I couldn`t find it :( sorry
I think the interview was made when the album was nearly ready. Matt Hyde is talking about Alexis vocals so I think it was made when they recorded the vocals.

Fuck I want to see that bad, but can't buy it now nor I want to pay Mr. Apple more. Shit!

Ah man you're making me jealous..but I will never go as low as buying an iFag.
sleeper666, where aaaaaaaaaare you? :p

Well, they're fucking awesome. Expensive, but well worth the price imo.

How will you see it? Any chance of sharing it somehow? I was going to buy it, but just found out that can't work it on my iPod, so I guess I'll have to either get screwed and not watch it or wait for somebody to hopefully upload it to YouTube. Fucking selective and private shit! At least give me a way to access it without paying 200€ you dumb Apple people!

A good orchestra hit is like a smash of shovel to the head, I can bet money that song has some. :Spin:

I believe certain fans with inside access are trying to keep this news to their divine selves to chew on before it is cast to the earthlings like a bone to a dog.

Apparently there's some 4 minute Alexi interview with new music in the background. I'll hear it thru RCA and speakers in a few hours quickly before going to practices, then write an impression here later in the evening. The person in possession of the material says he's heard better from Bodom. (Actually the same comment he gave when he'd heard the In Your Face rip years ago.) Which doesn't surprise me. If there was Silent Night, Bodom Night pt.2 playing in the background, the web would already be teeming with excited fans and non-fans.

I saw maybe the first one and a half minutes before it stopped working. I honestly think I'm jinxed when it comes to computers working when they're supposed to. Didn't pay full attention since I expected to be able to analyze it properly / watch it many times. But there was Matt talking about the process and Alexi was recording vocals and solos for Shovel Knock Out I think and the song played in the background. There's this nice high pitch guitar riff / short melody. And there was a verse and a chorus I think, it went by fast, but from what I could tell it rocked, seemed pretty cool. I should see it tomorrow evening when there's a proper connection around.

I saw maybe the first one and a half minutes before it stopped working. I honestly think I'm jinxed when it comes to computers working when they're supposed to. Didn't pay full attention since I expected to be able to analyze it properly / watch it many times. But there was Matt talking about the process and Alexi was recording vocals and solos for Shovel Knock Out I think and the song played in the background. There's this nice high pitch guitar riff / short melody. And there was a verse and a chorus I think, it went by fast, but from what I could tell it rocked, seemed pretty cool. I should see it tomorrow evening when there's a proper connection around.

Well I just saw the video on my Iphone, and I think its alot better than most of the songs on AYDY and Blooddrunk. Its still trashy but this HCDR type of melodic stuff, and its faster than most of the songs on the two previous albums. And better solos (well what do you get if you combine alexi solos and slash/rhoads kind of solos) and keyboard solos :D. It sounds like new bodom only better! Cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.