Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Beware the Heavens was purple, and that was fine. No problem with purple here :)

But yeah, Follow the Reaper with a red artwork would feel like a fucking joke. Maybe it's just already imprinted in our minds that way or perhaps that's the way it's meant to be.

I remember a past conversation where I stated Follow the Reaper simply would not work with red cover art - then someone said he bloody well could imagine it in red...
149800_455251361243_598531243_6056243_7254189_n.jpg

Here's a red version of Follow the Reaper ;)

73837_455253001243_598531243_6056295_2990961_n.jpg

And a green version, just for fun :p

I've tossed around with the hue values as well ^^ You can't just change it and expect the artist's vision to remain in the context; it'll look like fuck.

Anyone who says purple is gay is a fag.

ftr_hue_original.jpg

Sorry deleted my post because I removed Roy's face also :D For me the purplish blue theme is the only other possibility for this artwork. The darkviolet makes it a touch more menacing without taking away the nightly lakeside feel.

ftr_hue.jpg

And if it had to be green I'd make it calm like this.

ftr_hue_original_turquoise.jpg

It looks a bit like a swamp tho, so with green the idea is ruined.

Thx Dave for the song! What I've heard sounds not bad. Wish they had used any older song as backgroundmusic though. The :erk: emoticon definitely represents best my mimic after reading most of the posts after the song was posted here.

Why? Don't you like the song Arcane? I know you kind of like the new bodomish sound, but its still a fucking good song!

to be fair, after listening to the song a couple of times, the hype is a bit gone and then it isn't that good. Yes, it has an older vibe and stuff, but it wouldn't fit on any of the older albums.
That said, the quality is pretty low so you can't really say that much either.

^I don't agree. I think it's actually quite awesome, and once we get the whole thing and with proper sound quality I think it's gonna be great. Some of the melodies that are hidden under Mat talking sound pretty nice, can't wait to hear them properly.

Well I've heard it on the my Iphone connected to some pc-speakers and you could hear everything in slightly better quality and you can hear the song behind the interview a lot better. And I can definitely say that it would fit in on HCDR right away. It got the newer bodom style, but the guitar tone is 100 times better than AYDY? and Blooddrunk. And the keyboard and chorus reminds me of FTR, actually thats the only part of the song that reminds me of it. Its going to be great, not like the real old days, but at least something we could really enjoy.

Ohh and this is probably just one of the "filler" songs which is not going to be a single (unless we demand it or something). This is not a typical opening track and we all know that the first single is "Was It Worth It?". We could be even more pleasantly surprised or we could get a one good song album. I'm betting on the first one! :p