Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

No, not at all.

We have heard some clips, but for all we know they are clips from multiple diff songs.

No one really knows yet.
I thought all the clips were from a song called "Shovel Knockout" and it sounded as though it were one continuous stream (excluding a couple of sections where it was completely muted).

I thought all the clips were from a song called "Shovel Knockout" and it sounded as though it were one continuous stream (excluding a couple of sections where it was completely muted).

I guess they could be but what source told you/us that they were all from the same song, and that song in particular?

When you listen to the audible parts carefully, they connect with the other parts, meaning they're from the same song most likely. The song title can be seen in the paper Alexi is holding, and at the very end of the song the vocals say something about 'hitting with a shovel.' The important thing is it sounds good, and the basic sound is surprisingly fresh. In songwriting and sound terms it generally seems to be what people were hoping for. If we heard just thrash riffs and shit, I wouldn't be nearly this excited. Atmospheric synths in the chorus, a kickass verse, interesting riffs and more melodies, exactly what I was hoping for.

Let us maintain this hope for this one time we seem to have it. There's a lot at stake; all this endless speculation, coupled with the fact it's supposed to be the album many people will listen to more than anything for the next three years, bang head to it so fucking hard when drinking booze and practising every note of it with guitar or whatever.

It's a continious song until Alexi starts to talk and in the end of the video they skip to the last riffs of the song. And yeah in the middle of the song they show us lyrics of "Shovel knockout" and it fits with the lyrics alexi screams.

I like YBOD :cry:
Yeah so do I, it's EASILY the best song on HCDR for me. That group shout in the chorus is so fucking awesome and pumps you up. The guitarlead in the chorus is also awesome. Nah, I definitely think songs like Sixpounder or Angel's Don't Kill is ten times worse each. But it's all up to everyones personal opinion.

I think YBOD is a bunch of diverse riffs and melodies mashed together to form an intricate nonsense of four plus minutes, to exaggerate a bit. You get an itching the song is one of those where separate ideas were glued together instead of an entirity that would feel more like an individual song like Angels or Sixpounder. That's what I think. Of course a song that feels like a bunch of stuff dedicated for one song doesn't mean the stuff derives from ideas made "on the same day", it might just be fitting arrangement.

I've noticed every COB album has one song that is mostly hated, but always has a certain group who think it's clearly the best track on the album. These are Touch Like Angel of Death, Wrath Within, Northern Comfort, YBOD, Done With Everything... for AYDY it's the whole album :lol:

YBOD is my favorite song of HCDR too. TLAOD?!? Who on this forum doesn'T like that song? I have never heard from anybody that this is the worst from SW. And DWEDFN won in the song survivor thread. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/children-bodom/462129-song-survivor.html#post7977367 And Trashed was on 2nd place of all COB songs and is easily my favorite COB song

Btw. was there any pre-release of a song except BFH yet? If I remeber right, all earlier singles like Hate me, Downfall, Children of Bodom, YBOD came out after the album was released...

YBOD, trashed, in your face & blooddrunk were released at least a month before the album. Did some research among my orders for the singles :p I cant say for the others cause I bought those long after the albums.

I think YBOD is a bunch of diverse riffs and melodies mashed together to form an intricate nonsense of four plus minutes, to exaggerate a bit. You get an itching the song is one of those where separate ideas were glued together instead of an entirity that would feel more like an individual song like Angels or Sixpounder. That's what I think. Of course a song that feels like a bunch of stuff dedicated for one song doesn't mean the stuff derives from ideas made "on the same day", it might just be fitting arrangement.

I've noticed every COB album has one song that is mostly hated, but always has a certain group who think it's clearly the best track on the album. These are Touch Like Angel of Death, Wrath Within, Northern Comfort, YBOD, Done With Everything... for AYDY it's the whole album :lol:

Northern Comfort is fucking AWESOME. Especially the chorus.

Btw. was there any pre-release of a song except BFH yet?

Children Of Bodom original version was pre-released on that compilation album before Hatebreeder.

Northern Comfort is fucking AWESOME. Especially the chorus.

It's their most atmospheric song. Last summer on a very long walk home at night I listened to it over and over again. It really seems to take you to another place. But there's no need to pretend it's their most clever display of 5 instruments.

Northern Comfort is possibly my favorite Bodom song of all time. If not it's for sure in my top 5. Mind-blowing atmosphere if you ask me.

This "no need to pretend" business is :confused:

Funny. Seems true :p

Wow! YBOD the worse HCD song? Are you people on crack or something? HCD itself is a really solid album, but if I were to pick out the worse YBOD is by no means in that list. It'd have to be TCHB I guess, but just a guess because imo the whole album is fucking great. I (and I know this is going to trail some bashing) think it's their best album, yes, I think HCD is better than the mythified first three.

*Pussyfoot Miss Suicide

That one, thank you ;)

When you listen to the audible parts carefully, they connect with the other parts, meaning they're from the same song most likely. The song title can be seen in the paper Alexi is holding, and at the very end of the song the vocals say something about 'hitting with a shovel.' The important thing is it sounds good, and the basic sound is surprisingly fresh. In songwriting and sound terms it generally seems to be what people were hoping for. If we heard just thrash riffs and shit, I wouldn't be nearly this excited. Atmospheric synths in the chorus, a kickass verse, interesting riffs and more melodies, exactly what I was hoping for.

Let us maintain this hope for this one time we seem to have it. There's a lot at stake; all this endless speculation, coupled with the fact it's supposed to be the album many people will listen to more than anything for the next three years, bang head to it so fucking hard when drinking booze and practising every note of it with guitar or whatever.

It's a continious song until Alexi starts to talk and in the end of the video they skip to the last riffs of the song. And yeah in the middle of the song they show us lyrics of "Shovel knockout" and it fits with the lyrics alexi screams.

It is indeed a full song, not bits of different ones, but my question is: where have you guys seen the video? You both have iPones with the app or is it available somewhere else already??

Wow, I've caused quite the ruckus here. I was sure that nobody liked You're Better Off Dead, but boy how wrong was I. I fucking apologise.

But oh well, guess I have a weird taste then. My favourites from HCDR are Lil' Bloodred Riding Hood, Sixpounder, Angels and Triple Corpse Hammerblow and I can't stand Mask of Sanity off of FtR... Take that for what you will..

It is indeed a full song, not bits of different ones, but my question is: where have you guys seen the video? You both have iPones with the app or is it available somewhere else already??

I bought the app when I heard there was a new song (I have Iphone 4) and I've watched the video several times.

Wrath within is one of my favorite songs of Hatebreeder and Northern Comfort is one of my fav of FTR. Im not the biggest fan of YBOD but its not the worst song from that album. Are You dead yet....well the worst album, but I kind of like some songs... Done with everything just suck... :p

Where you got song title "Not my Funeral" ? Personaly in FTR i LOVE EVERY SONG icluding Mask Of Sanity, Taste Of my scythe imo very good songs!!!Talking about wrath within its badass song too. Basicly more or less i love all songs and listen to each album! Ofcourse SW,HB,FTR,HCDR above other albums but still, when you want something diffrent i have bd :) but yeah AYDY is infelicitous compared to others. YBOD kick ass song :)

Northern Comfort is the best Bodom song. Ever.

But oh well, guess I have a weird taste then. My favourites from HCDR are Lil' Bloodred Riding Hood, Sixpounder, Angels and Triple Corpse Hammerblow and I can't stand Mask of Sanity off of FtR... Take that for what you will..
I feel the exact same way. And as for Mask of Sanity, I don't hate it, but it's like meh, it doesn't do much for me. It's the only song I usually skip on FtR.