Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Acts confirmed for the festival include: AMORPHIS, ANDROMEDA, BEHEMOTH, CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM, DORO, DREAM EVIL, FEAR FACTORY, GWAR, KORPIKLAANI, LEAVES' EYES, OBITUARY, RAGE, ROSS THE BOSS, SUFFOCATION, DEVIN TOWNSEND.

Acts on the bill include: CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM, CONVERGE, DEMONIC RESURRECTION, DESPISED ICON, DEVOURMENT, DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, DYING FETUS, GRAVEWORM, HYPNOS, IHSAHN, ILL NIÑO, MNEMIC, MY DYING BRIDE, ORIGIN, ROTTEN SOUND, SIGH, SYBREED, DEVIN TOWNSEND

Nice to see Bodom touring with some quality bands

Why not just look at the best things about the blue and green album, and the best things about the newer albums, and combine those ideas. Clearly they always have something good and something bad about every album. Everytime I Die is an example of a COB track that's just good all the way thru and nothing about it is irritating (except "Ale's" vocals before the solos). Stuff that sometimes irritates me about certain tracks are too much fast vocals in verses, too much melodies, or this nu-metal feeling.. I honestly don't really enjoy 50% of Blooddrunk apart from the keyboard ideas. Half of the stuff is just plain crap. But if they had the kickass riffs and ideas fused together with the awesomeness of Follow the Reaper that would be dope. And I'd really like some ambience in there. It's like it's not particularly fast apart from the solos, but the stuff keeps changing all the time. That's how I feel having listened to a few other bands for the last few months.

You just can't decide what kind of riffs to write. If I want to write some neoclassical and all I hear in my head is some crazy technical death metal riffs, then It'll take damn long to write a song, as redundant as it will be. Inspiration comes from your mood and feelings, not on your choice (or Joonas' one).

Why not just look at the best things about the blue and green album, and the best things about the newer albums, and combine those ideas. Clearly they always have something good and something bad about every album. Everytime I Die is an example of a COB track that's just good all the way thru and nothing about it is irritating (except "Ale's" vocals before the solos). Stuff that sometimes irritates me about certain tracks are too much fast vocals in verses, too much melodies, or this nu-metal feeling.. I honestly don't really enjoy 50% of Blooddrunk apart from the keyboard ideas. Half of the stuff is just plain crap. But if they had the kickass riffs and ideas fused together with the awesomeness of Follow the Reaper that would be dope. And I'd really like some ambience in there. It's like it's not particularly fast apart from the solos, but the stuff keeps changing all the time. That's how I feel having listened to a few other bands for the last few months.

Dude...

Yea yea I know, I'm so fucking gay. Do whatever you want with the album. Just wanted to let you know there's a good sector of COB fans who are maturing up from their music and on the verge of leaving. I'm sure Alexi knows this and will look at what he's done right and what has gone wrong.

Just wanted to let you know...

Joonas, you have kept repeating this same thing about 78 times on this thread even though there hasn't really been a single update on the progress as of yet. Instead of the same yadda-yadda about Follow the Hatebreeder or whatever that album was called, you could take your own advice and chill out until there's at least something to speculate about, or let someone else say something even remotely insightful rather than going on and on with that exact same tirade.

Personally, I'm a little concerned about the fact that it feels like that the band has now "found their style", and to me BD always felt something like a mixture of AYDY and HCDR, and nothing on it really invoked such a strong initial "What the fuck is this?" reaction on the first spins as some of the techno keys on HCDR or vocals on AYDY?, for instance.

For Bodom albums, I want to go back to the tradition of always freaking out and hating it at first instead of liking it from the start. Usually it's not a good sign if you "get" an album too quickly. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the band has some new tricks in their bag for this one, as the diversity of the albums is one of the crucial elements that makes the band's catalogue so great. Then again I'll probably love it even if it'll be just Blooddrunk backwards; I've really lost it many years ago.

^Thanks.

BTW, I know Zarok was really the one in charge of SOB and the owner of the page, but since you were one of the big names in there too I'll ask you if you don't mind: is there any possiblility we'll see something like that or we'll get something like the update section we got on SOB for Blooddrunk with the 7th album? Because if we're to rely on COBHC.com we can aswell just look somewhere else until late 2010 when the album comes out, the band's homepage isn't the most active one in the world.

I can't help my talkativity. Lari is the only guy from this forum who knows me personally and even he can't tolerate my stuff all the time.

Zarok was just a name. All he really did was a couple intrerviews and some text besides maintaining the site before disappearing to thin air.

Actually, this will remain my last post on the forum. Got more important stuff to do than waste my time here where people won't respect me. So sayonara folks. My msn is there for picking if somebody feels like it.

Yea yea I know, I'm so fucking gay. Do whatever you want with the album. Just wanted to let you know there's a good sector of COB fans who are maturing up from their music and on the verge of leaving. I'm sure Alexi knows this and will look at what he's done right and what has gone wrong.

Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you are (like someone else already said) repeating yourself over and over again.
And who do you want to let this know? The Band? They still seem to get enough money, fans and crowds to their gigs and they even seem to like the music they make. I can understand that you're upset because of the direction their music has taken (and that you are tierd of bodom or even just dont like the new stuff, doesnt mean you're ''maturing up'' and it's not the band's job to forfill your dreams) but you act like a little boy who is about to lose his first big love.
And I still dont get the ''maturing up''-thing? When you start a Band you start with making music you like. And if they now do write songs which they like better than their old work (and it's not because they want other fans) you just cant complain.
If I was in some famous band and we would play different music/style than we did before and some old hardcore fan would come up and say : YOU SUCKER CHANGE TO UR OLD STYLE OR IMMA NOT LISTENING TO YOUR RECORDS ANYMORE, then he or she should really stop listening to my music. It's not your band.

and ''Do whatever you want with that album'' is the best thing they could do.
What kind of sell out machine would it be if the asked their fans ro help on the album so that everyone of the fanboys buys it.

And I still dont get the ''maturing up''-thing? When you start a Band you start with making music you like. And if they now do write songs which they like better than their old work (and it's not because they want other fans) you just cant complain.
If I was in some famous band and we would play different music/style than we did before and some old hardcore fan would come up and say : YOU SUCKER CHANGE TO UR OLD STYLE OR IMMA NOT LISTENING TO YOUR RECORDS ANYMORE, then he or she should really stop listening to my music. It's not your band.

What kind of sell out machine would it be if the asked their fans ro help on the album so that everyone of the fanboys buys it.

Nice shout!

Yes, but I was referring to the fact that you are (like someone else already said) repeating yourself over and over again.
And who do you want to let this know? The Band? They still seem to get enough money, fans and crowds to their gigs and they even seem to like the music they make. I can understand that you're upset because of the direction their music has taken (and that you are tierd of bodom or even just dont like the new stuff, doesnt mean you're ''maturing up'' and it's not the band's job to forfill your dreams) but you act like a little boy who is about to lose his first big love.

That was the best message in a while seriously. It fits my opinion perfectly aswell. Thanks

......this thread is losing alot of point. I mean really...there's only but so much to say after the initial conversation, at least until the album is talked about officially by the band.

For all above posts:
arguing_on_internet.jpg

well, it wasn't an official 7th studio album thread... i don't know why it got sticked. it was just a discussion about what we want or don't want for the next album, so basically only speculations. nothing harmful to begin with...

Wish for;
less; Fuck you screaming, unless it's super epic, unlike in LoBodomy which otherwise was very good song.
more; Christ mocking (if there's been any at all so far) and epicness, ...etc.

Whatever they do some people are not going to like it,
unless they like do a cool melodeath song, a metalcore type song, and have some over 8min songs on the album with some clean vox here and there and maybe a few quest instrumentalists, and make a concept for the album, with cool lyrics that will all be published.
AND THE COLOR SCHEME SHOULD BE PURPLE OR YELLOW.