Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

This thread really has no purpose, it only expresses wishes of few individual fans. If the band told some facts about the new album this thread would maybe have some purpose, but still it would probably be same kind of whining. It's hard to describe what music sounds like and if the band would actually state that "the new album sounds like this and it has a bit of that", no-one would still know what it sounds like. It would just stir up more whining and useless speculating. And when people here tell what they would like album to sound and might post their own opinions as facts, it might confuse possible noobs and other people reading this thread, to actually belive these are facts, and just increase the amount of confusion and bullshit this thread creates. Speculating might be fun, but this crap has just got out of hand.

Christ mocking (if there's been any at all so far)
I'm no Christian but what's so cool about it? I would prefer some ''fuck you''s over ''Christ mocking''

This thread really has no purpose, it only expresses wishes of few individual fans. If the band told some facts about the new album this thread would maybe have some purpose, but still it would probably be same kind of whining. It's hard to describe what music sounds like and if the band would actually state that "the new album sounds like this and it has a bit of that", no-one would still know what it sounds like. It would just stir up more whining and useless speculating. And when people here tell what they would like album to sound and might post their own opinions as facts, it might confuse possible noobs and other people reading this thread, to actually belive these are facts, and just increase the amount of confusion and bullshit this thread creates. Speculating might be fun, but this crap has just got out of hand.

Yes, but also this has already been said a 100 times in this thread.

I don't care about speculating about the music, that's something that you won't know about until it's released but yeah the color scheme/design is something that I'm really pumped about. AYDY and Blooddrunk in my mind had really shitty art in comparison to SW, HB and FTR; if they could get some wicked epic illustration like those albums that'd be sick as fuck. SW and HB are in my top album covers, something about them is just so awesome, especially when you look in the booklet while listening to the album. Seriously though all the colors have been taken, I don't know how they could pull off a yellow or purple color scheme and brown would only be good if the album is AYDY part 2.

Cover wise I don't know, but regardless liking them or not I think all artworks (besides AYDY which was just bad and even the band seems to be unhappy with it) fit quite good to the albums.

SW is all dark and evil so the reaper in that kind of desert thingie seems quite fitting to me.

HB is raw too but very melodic at the same time, so the reaper there in the lake all in "calm before the storm" mood looks cool.

FTR got a ton more keys and dunno why but I think the blue goes good with it, and it got back more of the "evil and dark" feel so the reaper and the gravestones match.

HCD was all in your face and aggressive while a bit less classical than the previous, so reaper about to chop you off plus the town in the back looked nice.

AYDY no comments.

BD is all aggressive and faster tempo in general and, as some have said, quite "fuck you in your face", so the reaper surrounded by all the blood I think is great.

As I said, this is regardless liking them or not, just that I think they've done a good job making them "fit" to the album.

Fuck the ontopic section.

GTFO to the off topic section. You have postcount +2 now, go back there if you're not gonna contribute with something relatively interesting.

I would much like more hatebreeder / follow the reaper stuff
like more modern thrashier COB mixed with the nice old more neoclassical stuff... :kickass:

Noisecreep, 12th January

Children of Bodom Return to Writing Mode

In October, Finnish technical thrash metal band Children of Bodom wrapped up 18 months of touring for their 2008 album, 'Blooddrunk,' and now they're enjoying some well deserved rest. But it'll be a short break. Next month they plan to enter the rehearsal room to start working on their next studio album.

"We're gonna start writing music and hopefully we'll be able to take some time so we can come up with some really cool songs," Frontman Alexi Laiho told Noisecreep. "I already have a bunch of new riffs that I'm happy with, so hopefully we'll just keep being productive."

Children of Bodom have studio time booked for early summer, which should give them at least five months to write the new material. "We're doing three shows in Finland in April, but other than that we're just going to be working really hard, so there won't be much happening until we're done with the record," Laiho said.

does anyone know when the album will come out? which months it'll most likely come out in?

If the followng is accurate:

Children of Bodom have studio time booked for early summer, which should give them at least five months to write the new material.

Then I think we will see the album between Halloween and Christmas this year. The worst case scenario would be that the album is released early next year, but I think it is fairly unlikely.

This is just speculation, though. I don't know how long, or why, they would delay the release after they have recorded it.

I seriously hope it isn't another Bloodrunk. It isn't a bad album on it's own, it just is in comparison to their other albums D:

^I think your estimations should end up beeing pretty accurate. Early summer recordings I'm guessing it's June/July. I'd say recordings and studio in general till late August or up till September. Then September, October and November of promotion and I think a mid-December release or so can well happen.

I will to add to Murky and children of COB's speculations that, generally speaking, few bands (even the bigger ones) can afford to stay off of the road for long anymore. With the advent of the proliferation of online piracy, for many the new reality of the music business is that albums are promotion tools to have an excuse to go on the road and sell tickets and T-shirts. That's not to slight the creative process or the relative value to most fans of having new music to keep in archival form, but for most metal musicians, unless they have some fairly lucrative side projects or are successful at generating multiple streams of income, the road and merchandising are how metal is surviving these days. The decision to take time out of the studio to do shows here and there at the festivals this spring and summer are likely (and I re-emphasize my use of the word LIKELY) influenced by that new(-ish) reality.

So given that, plus the projected schedules given by the band members in the press, I would say the predictions above will turn out to be fairly accurate.

That's very true and accurate.

That said, I can't imagine the delay between them finishing the recording process and the album coming out to take that long.

Usually the promoting of the album is around 4 months, so if they are done in the studio in August, we see a release in December.

That's very true and accurate.

That said, I can't imagine the delay between them finishing the recording process and the album coming out to take that long.

Rember Blooddrunk. Studio sessions ended towards the end of November, album was released early April.

Usually the promoting of the album is around 4 months, so if they are done in the studio in August, we see a release in December.

Yep, I'm hoping something like that.

COB is tech thrash metal?

If you wanna call it like that I guess yeah. But then again when did we see thrash with keys or melodic solos? They have so much in them that now just simplify it and call them metal.

Modern COB is generic melodic death/groove metal.

aka cuntbutts

I'll repeat once again, gtfo to the off topic section if your contributions are going to be this kind of shit. This is not off topic, crap goes there. Here it's somewhat serious discussion about COB related stuff.

I still dont see why people wanna shit all over this thread, to some people there is a very real urge to know other peoples opinions on the same topic. This is a thread for people like that, and if you dont care then you should know by now to stay away from this thread. Really.

Well, I'm not sure what the new album is gonna be like. It's hard to say at this point in time. Well, I'd like something heavy and harsh vocals of course. Maybe they can produce a good CD artwork instead of using the reaper all of the time. But hey, it's their album so of course they can do what they want.