Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Indeed. I'm trying to do the same thing. It is very hard, especially when COB randomly attacks my brain during the day. The possibilites to which direction they may go in are endless.

Luckily the new DT album has taken alot of my attention. I still have yet to buy the new Kalmah album, 12 gauge. As well as quite a few others i really want. Esoteric from Skyfire. And i just discovered Equillibrium a couple weeks ago!
12 Gauge is an awesome album!

so you're basically saying a leak is the release date? that's pretty dumb considering it's not even close and while I can understand that you want it as soon as possible, there's a reason they wait a while...

Why is it I have to come back so often to tell people to actually read my post.

No, I didn't say the leak is the release date. I said I don't need to wait for the label, because I'm not a fan of the label, I'm a fan of the band, so when the band has its stuff ready I will listen to it as soon as there is a high quality leak available. (Needless to say I will also buy their material.) If somebody wants to wait for ten years for the label to get the CDs in stores while fans are already listening to it, it's up to them. I can't wait. In fact I hate waiting.

Leaks will always appear, whether or not everybody likes to kick the asses of people who do that, it's a law of nature.

That's actually true, and since leaks happen I don't see why the ones who won't buy it should listen to it and the rest us faithful fans don't. With Blooddrunk what I did was: "ok the leak's out, but I'll give it till the release date". The day I should be able to go to the store and purchase it I'll download it while I wait for it to arrive. I was glad that Levykauppa took notice of that and shipped it couple days earlier so that I had the CD in my hands the next day after the release when ordering it from Finland, but the day it was in the stores in Europe I downloaded it, because there's no chance that we get the CDs in time in Spain and I had already bought it.

No, I didn't say the leak is the release date. I said I don't need to wait for the label, because I'm not a fan of the label, I'm a fan of the band, so when the band has its stuff ready I will listen to it as soon as there is a high quality leak available. (Needless to say I will also buy their material.) If somebody wants to wait for ten years for the label to get the CDs in stores while fans are already listening to it, it's up to them. I can't wait. In fact I hate waiting.

Interesting point. Pretty much sums up how I feel too. I'll listen to leaks, and will always buy the CD afterwards.

I always just wait for the cd to come out......I'm too lazy to try and find the download online.

Although my buddy did have Tool's 10,000 days in my hands about 2 weeks before it was released.......that made my day I tell you what.

But I still bought it when it came out.

^Well you're not a very big fan if you're too lazy to find the new tracks..

I guess we can't all be as hard core of a fan as you then.

I can just wait, is all.

I'm not too big with all the internet stuff. I go onto a few guitar forums and check my e-mail...that's about it.

I have better things to do with my time then search the internet for leaked songs from an artist.

Now if they show up on this forum I would download them, but thats about it.

^Dude I'll get mad when the stuff is out, and if it's in the middle of the week I'll tell my boss I've personal stuff to do, get a day off and get wasted. The countdown is on.

I don't even have a connection at home now at summer.

They said in the middle of the summer. And this is not the middle of the summer, it has only just started in Finland. But you never know, they've been quiet for the whole year, which is what makes me particularly curious about what's going on.. It's as if they don't want to make statements regarding the album. Of course they're under huge pressure because a COB album simply has to be great.. good is not enough on their standards.

However, the studio is booked for early summer.

Oh well, there'll probably be some news when I come back from my vacation somewhere mid August.

It'd be really cool if they did like Norther did and went in and just did 1 song to release on the internet as a teaser/single kind of a thing. Used on an album or not I don't care but to see where their style is currently and to hear something new and fresh would be really cool and tide people over for a while. I'm sure the new Norther won't be coming out for a while (have they even started recording it yet?) but I've been playing the hell out of that song and it's really made me pumped up for the album whereas before I wasn't even thinking about the band at all. If CoB were to do it it'd be cool promotion, cool for the fans and probably only take them a couple days and not much money at all. Plus if they really cared about money they could either have a donation thing like Norther did or charge people a tiny bit of money for the song, I'm sure an assload of people would buy it. Definitely better than having to wait around for a long time writing, get into the studio, get into the groove of things and then record an album that won't be released for a long time; this way they'd just right in and get into the groove of things, maybe get some inspiration and get something for the fans while also jumpstarting their recording process (obviously they don't really have a huge deadline so if it doesn't help them creatively oh well, they still gain something no matter what).

It'd be really cool if they did like Norther did and went in and just did 1 song to release on the internet as a teaser/single kind of a thing. Used on an album or not I don't care but to see where their style is currently and to hear something new and fresh would be really cool and tide people over for a while. I'm sure the new Norther won't be coming out for a while (have they even started recording it yet?) but I've been playing the hell out of that song and it's really made me pumped up for the album whereas before I wasn't even thinking about the band at all. If CoB were to do it it'd be cool promotion, cool for the fans and probably only take them a couple days and not much money at all. Plus if they really cared about money they could either have a donation thing like Norther did or charge people a tiny bit of money for the song, I'm sure an assload of people would buy it. Definitely better than having to wait around for a long time writing, get into the studio, get into the groove of things and then record an album that won't be released for a long time; this way they'd just right in and get into the groove of things, maybe get some inspiration and get something for the fans while also jumpstarting their recording process (obviously they don't really have a huge deadline so if it doesn't help them creatively oh well, they still gain something no matter what).

Fucking EXACTLY.

They have nothing to lose, and it would give us a little insight into their current sound and would act as an effective preview for the album.