Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I'm still having quite positive expectations about RRF, but I don't belive it's going to be among my most expected albums of the year. I'm mostly waiting for new Thulcandra, Repugnant and Sacrilegious Impalement. New Wintersun will surely be interesting, if they release it this year.

I don't know how I feel about it, because what I've heard so far and them being so positive about it sure make me get pumped, but at the same time the lack of news and all make me not want to focus too much on it since I'm getting nothing atm.

About Wintersun, are we actually really expecting it at this point? It's been quiet and no news whatsoever for years at this point, it feels like it's going to end up like Sienrgy's Sins Of The Past or whatever the name of it was.

About Wintersun, are we actually really expecting it at this point? It's been quiet and no news whatsoever for years at this point, it feels like it's going to end up like Sienrgy's Sins Of The Past or whatever the name of it was.

Actually there was news in November. That they are playing on a few festivals like Metalcamp on which they also play a new song.
And in a recent interview with Kai Hahto, he said that all that's left is the mixing pretty much. But we all know that is going to take a long time with the so called computer problems. But there is progress. My guess? Spring 2012 to be on the safe side.

I don't know how I feel about it, because what I've heard so far and them being so positive about it sure make me get pumped, but at the same time the lack of news and all make me not want to focus too much on it since I'm getting nothing atm.

http://wintermadness.net/

Edit: Also -> http://wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=21515&highlight=#21515

So... has Wintersun released this new album Time that I heard fans announce will be the best album in the whole universe? I am interested because it will be serious fun to hear it and give an opinion.

Wintersun is bullshit. It's annoying when people say their new album will be the best album in the universe when it finally gets out in 2038. Maybe I'm just too old to listen to it, but the whole thing has been getting on my nerves for a long time. Besides I'm just listening to their track Battle Against Time and it has a part copied from COB's Living Dead Beat chorus, starting 2:31

Last edited by a moderator:
Joonas you should've not posted that. Plus I don't see that resemblance. Wintersun is ok, their music is cool, what bugs me is all the hype around it, it's really overdone, and how superior Wintersun fans feel.

Joonas you should've not posted that. Plus I don't see that resemblance. Wintersun is ok, their music is cool, what bugs me is all the hype around it, it's really overdone, and how superior Wintersun fans feel.
Well we have the solo in Winter Madness, which is best solo in the history of mankind.

Wintersun is bullshit. It's annoying when people say their new album will be the best album in the universe when it finally gets out in 2038. Maybe I'm just too old to listen to it, but the whole thing has been getting on my nerves for a long time. Besides I'm just listening to their track Battle Against Time and it has a part copied from COB's Living Dead Beat chorus, starting 2:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5727QFhtw
I do see the resemblance but "Wintersun" came out before "Are You Dead Yet?". I love Wintersun but I admit some songs can be a bit tedious at times, it depends on my mood.
Has anyone heard any ArthemesiA (Jari's old band), the solo in "Ancestor Of Magick" gives me eargasms!

Wintersun is the best melodic death metal band (For me), this is fucking melodic and the orchestration is awesome. Jari Mäenpää is amazing :)

I'm eagerly looking forward to it. The debut was a great album, though maybe a little too much Dissection "plagiarizing". Likely they have developed their own sound a little more on the new album.

I've only recently discovered them, so i haven't even gotten that much into their first album yet. Did sound quite good after first few listens. We'll see what they put out.

----------------
Wintersun's OK, but too repetitive for my taste. I prefer Ensiferum.

Also, fuck all of that, the new Belphegor is out. Hopefully they still got what it takes.

Congrats dude,great sense of humor.
I'm really trying to understand what's the funny point of bashing people on the internet...It's kinda ridiculous that you miss no opportunity to insult someone through a display but it seems like that makes you happy so keep on having fun like a 2 years old kid.