Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

I'm definitely liking Ugly, especially the atmospheric keys, and the FTR-ish solo. I've listened to it several times back to back with WIWI and the SKO fragments, to get more of an album context experience, rather than just as individual songs, and I'm getting a good feeling ... hurry up, March 8th! Oh, and Janne, any chance of COBtv4? :worship:

I very much agree. I think his vocals have improved with every album's release, despite what I think about the composition. I used to think his vocals were godly, and I still like them, but overall his old vocals are actually pretty weak in comparison to this latest stuff.

I dunno about godly, I don't like the vocal style. It fits a few songs, but is pretty bad overall. Besides, he can't pull any decent vocals off during live gigs, which makes it even worse.

The vocals sound a bit strained. Like he has to do to much effort to produce them. Which corresponds with the SKO interview where Hyde said he could only do these kinds of vocals for 6 minutes. I think he's trying a bit to much.

At least he's learning. If he's consistent he'll build up endurance.

I fucking love it! Come on! The opening riff kicks ass! And if it had gone in HCD ro FTR it would've not looked bad at all. Also, the solos, even if they're Alexi style and all, they are cool, and what do you expect, him to start playing Petrucci style?

I don't know about you, but I love it, after this and SKO I'm really pumped for this album, particularly if even Matt Hyde has said WIWI wasn't even a priority, which means the rest must be at least like Ugly and SKO. I really can't wait till March 8th.

Sick song for sure. Love the atmospheric background keys and the solo is killer...probably my favorite part of the song. It really sounds like he was trying to make the solo more "singable" like he's talked about. Great melodies in it.

I don't know about you, but I love it, after this and SKO I'm really pumped for this album, particularly if even Matt Hyde has said WIWI wasn't even a priority, which means the rest must be at least like Ugly and SKO. I really can't wait till March 8th.

Let's hope you're right ;)

The keyboards in Ugly are the weirdest stuff I've ever heard. It brings to my mind a vision of a disabled child playing with toys, I can't help it, lol. The riff kicks ass tho. There are a few tracks better on the album tho I'm quite confident. I've a feeling this CD's in for a good number of spins.

The keyboards in Ugly are the weirdest stuff I've ever heard. It brings to my mind a vision of a disabled child playing with toys

I can actually understand that ....... the keys have that horror sound to them.

There are a few tracks better on the album tho I'm quite confident.

Lol. Your mind changes often.. just yesterday you had diminished hope or something and now you're quite confident. You just have to listen to RRF and expect RRF, and not hatebreeder. When I the first one or two seconds of the song I was like oh shit it's a trasher..... then after the first listen I was like what the fuck. Then you listen to it like 10 more times and you memorize the riffs and solos and it's suddenly something really good.

What are the chances of this song being an opener for COB concerts? It would DEF heighten the mood and atmosphere of COB, but it doesn't have an impactful ending.

On another note... I can't help but think what was the inspiration to write the lyrics of this song. hmmmm haha

What are the chances of this song being an opener for COB concerts? It would DEF heighten the mood and atmosphere of COB, but it doesn't have an impactful ending.

Why not.. The intro riff and orchestra hits definitely have the vibe of an opener. The sudden ending could be "fixed" by moving directly to another song. It's just that strange keyboard melody that makes me suspicious about it as opener song. There could be other good openers too tho.

The keyboards in Ugly are the weirdest stuff I've ever heard. It brings to my mind a vision of a disabled child playing with toys, I can't help it, lol. The riff kicks ass tho. There are a few tracks better on the album tho I'm quite confident. I've a feeling this CD's in for a good number of spins.

Sounds like ballet of the dead ones to me. Something creepy.

I'm surprised no one has posted the MUCH better quality upload of Ugly? Btw is this even a radio rip? Sounds almost like CD quality to me at least ^^
EDIT: Had already been posted in the separate ''Ugly'' thread..meh. Anyways I'll leave the link up in case someone have not heard it.

Last edited by a moderator: