RESIDENCE INN GROUP RATE

This is really cool of you to look into and try to help people out, but economically, I can't imagine why the Residence Inn would offer a group rate discount. A lot of people have already reserved rooms at the regular rate, and they are fully aware based on the past few years that the hotel will be fully-booked for ProgPower weekend regardless of whether they offer a discount... so why would they drop their prices and lose money for no reason? Perhaps, they may offer a token discount of a couple bucks just to foster goodwill from a large block of regular, annual customers, but it's tough to see them chopping their rates in any major way.

That said, I hope I am wrong, and they are willing for some reason to give everyone a great deal. Either way, it's cool of you to at least try!

Booked one just now. Just me, In Thursday, out Sunday. Hopefully we'll get some discount.

Thank you for doing this metal. For all of the past 3 PPs i have been to, i have stayed outside of Atlanta and driven in. I have finally learned my lesson. I too could not afford the price of the RI so I booked the marriot this morning. They also said that if we let them know how many rooms are booked for this event, then we can get a convention rate. We need at least 10 rooms and I know we can meet that. So post your reservations to see if we can get discounts for this one also.

Atlanta Marriot Courtyard
1132 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Phone: (404) 607-1112

Thank you for doing this metal. For all of the past 3 PPs i have been to, i have stayed outside of Atlanta and driven in. I have finally learned my lesson. I too could not afford the price of the RI so I booked the marriot this morning. They also said that if we let them know how many rooms are booked for this event, then we can get a convention rate. We need at least 10 rooms and I know we can meet that. So post your reservations to see if we can get discounts for this one also.

Atlanta Marriot Courtyard
1132 Techwood Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
Phone: (404) 607-1112

What kind of rate per night would this be with the convention rate? Also, how easy / hard is it to get to the venue from here? As I understand it, it is fairly close, but is across the highway and difficult to get to by foot?

What kind of rate per night would this be with the convention rate? Also, how easy / hard is it to get to the venue from here? As I understand it, it is fairly close, but is across the highway and difficult to get to by foot?

It appears to be fairly close. Its just off 14th street across the freeway (I-85?). Someone said on another thread that it was less than a 10 minute walk to the venue.

We just booked our room at the Residence Inn. According to the girl I spoke to once someone sets up the convention or group rate then we can call back and have the rate changed. For PP8 the rate was 149 a night for the studio rooms.
The manager of the Residence Inn told me that sometime during the year the bridge for 14th street will not be in service and people will have to travel about 5 miles to get to the next bridge. We will have to keep our ear open for that bit of news because I believe the Courtyard is where the bands stayed this year.

UPDATE ON DISCOUNTS:

This will NOT be finalized for the next 48 hours so you cannot call for the group rate at this point.

Residence Inn 1365 Peachtree
As I assumed they are already booked at capacity. The woman I talked to did say that if I were to give her a list of people who are staying (names, dates and number of rooms) there for this event, she might be able to get us a deal there as well. I will also call the manager in the morning and see if they would be willing to give us a better rate. Had I known the dates slightly earlier, I could have gotten this for sure. It seems that all the rooms have been booked with in the last 24 hours, which is no surprise.

There is the option of everyone cancelling their rooms and then trying to get the group rate as stated below, but that is kind of silly. I'm going to keep working on this one though.

Courtyard Midtown - 1132 Techwood Dr, Atlanta, GA 30318 This is the one by the (old?) Chinese Budda.
Guest Rooms - September 25-28, 2008
Rooms: 80
Rate: $135
I do have about 20 reserved for Wednesday as well.
(Current rates on rooms are $150-250 so a small discount. The woman I am working with said at this point the only rooms they have left are the $250 a night rooms.)

In order to get this discount you have to "cancel" your current reservation and re-book in the same phone call. To be on the safe side, book the "new" reservation, then cancel your "old" one so you are not left with out a room.

I am currently looking into seeing if they have or will offer a shuttle, although the walk isn't horrible.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call at this time to do so as the rates aren't finalized.

So here is what I need from all of you if you would please: either send me a PM or send me an email at metalrose23 at msn.com and let me know the following ASAP. If you email me please put in the subject ProgPower Hotel.

1. Which hotel you are CURRENTLY booked at or which one you WILL book at.
2. The dates you are coming in and leaving
3. The number of rooms you have (or will have)
4. The FULL name of the person who has booked the rooms (So I can give it to the Hotel if you are the RI)

As of right now, they can only section off 80 rooms at that hotel, but said if I need more to call her and we can block off more if needed.

The only thing is, if you book under the block rate, and have to cancel, PLEASE try and find a replacement as if I don't have a certian amount of rooms filled then I personally am charged for the open rooms. I don't have the contract in hand at this point, but should have it tomorrow so I can get into other specifics as needed.

As of this time even though we cannot book under those group rates, those rooms are on hold.

*Whew* I think that's all that I have or need. I'm heading over to my Private Messages to clean them out. If my box (hehehe) gets full please email me.

Also, if anyone has any questions, please let me know. I'll do my best to get back to you or find out info.

Thanks for the support everyone!
-MetalRose