Residence Inn next year?

Just tried today - had one studio room left so I took it even though I want the bigger one. Called the hotel and they said they can't see that far in advance, and transferred me to the central reserv. That girl said the hotel was already booked. Really? Did she mean it was a hold or the rooms were blocked off, or did they really have real reservations from real people in all the rooms already, a year in advance. She put me on hold and came back a few minutes later and said from what she can see the hotel is booked, but offered to transfer me to the property. I told her that won't do any good - that they sent me to central reservations, so I said, "Well, then I guess I just have to bag it for now and hope that rooms open up later." and she said "Yes, that is the best option now." It was no help at all that I'm Elite with Marriott. Ugh. Will just keep checking back.

Just booked a room at the Residence Inn via Marriott's website...if you've been waiting for availability, give it a shot.

I am thinking of staying outside midtown this year. Can someone familiar with day to day Atlanta traffic tell me how bad a commute from say Buckhead would be to center stage?

From Buckhead....your best bet during the day will be on MARTA because the direct routes (P'tree Rd. and Piedmont) can be nightmares around lunch time and dinner time. They both tend to open up for smoother sailing between 10-11 and 2-3, then again after 7pm. It will vary, depending on how close you are to a connecting point with 75/85 and 400.

Just booked a room at the Residence Inn via Marriott's website...if you've been waiting for availability, give it a shot.

Thanks for the reminder -- just got my room booked!

Now gotta keep an eye open for decent air fares. Heard that Southwest will be flying into Atlanta starting this year, but it looks like they aren't booking flights that far in advance.

Heads up! Marriott Residence Inn Atlanta Midtown/17th Street appears to have a few rooms available. (Previously, they were sold-out). This is the hotel up the hill in front of the venue. Right now, you can get a Studio, 1 Queen, Sofabed for $169/night - checking in either Wed. or Thurs. and leaving Sun. Free continental breakfast and WiFi.

http://www.progpowerusa.com/xiii/event/hotels.html

It's $179 via the Marriott website.

~Jen

Please keep this on hand for next year.
I signed up for the Marriott Rewards Card at:
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ma...p_cmp=cc/N05BRMarriottUSExact/sea/na/Marriott

I got 50,000 rewards points just for using the card once! How many points does it take to stay at the Residence Inn? 45,000! Hotel stay is free this year!

One of the trio will get a rewards card next year, and we will stay for free again...

It is too late to use this tactic in 2012, but staying at a decent hotel for free is a no brainer for 2013.

We parked a couple of blocks away at a lot that charges a flat fee. We didnt end up moving the car so ended up paying less for 4 days that one day at the hotel.

There are several near enough to the venue that you can peek in on it and see if your vehicle is alright as you go back and forth to and from shows.

Just wondering if anyone knew which specific lot this was... my research seems to indicate that some of the lots require you to keep coming back at odd hours (like 6am or something) to pay for the next day, but perhaps there's a lot that will allow payment of the full amount, or at other times of day?

Just wondering if anyone knew which specific lot this was... my research seems to indicate that some of the lots require you to keep coming back at odd hours (like 6am or something) to pay for the next day, but perhaps there's a lot that will allow payment of the full amount, or at other times of day?

The parking lot at Atlantic station allows you to pay at the end of your stay. There's also a garage lot over by the DC Marriott that does the same (or it used to). It was, way back when, $8 a day during the week and $5 on weekends. Usually, it will be the lots that are around the highrises, that aren't connected to a business in the building.

Here's a map to help: Midtown Parking

If he was referring to a lot nearby the RI, I bet it's the large parking garage at Colony Square.

1175 Peachtree Street, NE Atlanta 30361

There are entrances on 14th, 15th and Peachtree Streets

It's approx. a half mile - 3/4 mile walk to the venue

(404) 879-2290 or (404) 888-9559

Colony Square parking is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for your convenience.

Printable coupon: http://atlanta.centralparking.com/Atlanta-1175-Peachtree-Street-NE-Parking-parking-coupon.html

I updated the parking info on facebook - check it out.

Hope this helps!
~Jen

Hate to tell you this but you got the wrong Residence inn, you got the Midtown Historic district about 2 miles from the venue, You want the Residence Inn Midtown Peachtree/17thst, which says no rooms available those dates, they will book probably in Dec.

This.

We normally book in January or February, after checking what other large events are happening that week. For some reason, if you mention ANOTHER event, you can book rooms when others cannot.

Heads up! ‏@ZedBlack tweeted this afternoon:

@ProgPowerUSA the Residence is taking reservations now, just booked my room and thought I'd pass it along

~Jen