Resurrected Power Metal Thread

They need to just stop. That makes me sad to say... but they had a terrible idea and ran with it and made several shitty albums... they weren't good with ripper, Barlow and the entire band fucking sucked on The Crucible of Man to the point they nearly gave me cancer...

But no, they'll get some decent vocalist that doesnt fit their music for a while... release another album that just isnt Iced Earth, then Barlow will need some money and re-record it with his voice to try to get me to buy a shitty album that I'm not going to buy in the first place, let alone the second.

I hope they prove me wrong, but until then, fuck them.

I can listen to Dark Moor's first two albums. I like the long neoclassical-influenced shredding solos. But then they decided to insert gay symphonic arrangements and female operatic vocals and everything started to suck.

I can listen to Dark Moor's first two albums. I like the long neoclassical-influenced shredding solos. But then they decided to insert gay symphonic arrangements and female operatic vocals and everything started to suck.

Third album is awesome too! But since s/t they've sucked cock.

They need to just stop. That makes me sad to say... but they had a terrible idea and ran with it and made several shitty albums... they weren't good with ripper, Barlow and the entire band fucking sucked on The Crucible of Man to the point they nearly gave me cancer...

But no, they'll get some decent vocalist that doesnt fit their music for a while... release another album that just isnt Iced Earth, then Barlow will need some money and re-record it with his voice to try to get me to buy a shitty album that I'm not going to buy in the first place, let alone the second.

I hope they prove me wrong, but until then, fuck them.

Basically agree. They were never high on the list for me.

The first two are great! Gates of Oblivion has some good stuff too.

The new Serenity album is out. They're an Austrian band. They've released two previous albums...the debut is not good, but the second album is absolutely delightful. I've been waiting for 3 years for this record so I was excited to find it. I was immediately put off though, upon finding that it has something like 15 songs. Way too much for ANY band. I mean few bands have it in them to make an album with 8 truly good songs so 15 means there is going to be A LOT of filler. I'm going to listen to it today though. They're very talented.

Oh and completely off topic but I would like to randomly recommend the new Omnium Gatherum album New World Shadows...absolutely fucking mindblowing. One of those albums where every song is a stand out. Check it out.

ps - currently listening to the new Power Quest. Sounds generic. Not bad, but nothing too special.

i was right about the new sanctuary. it isnt't bad music by any means but it has wayyyy too much filler, it's MUCH TOO histrionic for my liking and the songs don't have many 'cool' parts to them. i liked the last album because the songs were sort of broken up a bit, with cool interludes or melodies thrown in when you least expected it. this is more straightforward. you can tell they took their time...it's very structured. but, 16 songs is much too many to be consistent for any band and unfortunately Sanctuary succumbs to that fate as well.

It's a bit sad that nothing new has appeared in power metal for a while... It seems like everything released now is either weak to previous works or done before to the point of being boring. Last good power metal albums were Rhapsody of fire's 'Frozen Tears...' and Helloween 'Are you metal'. Power Quest is decent. The Stratovarius 'Elysium' isn't bad, just not very impressive to me.

Does anyone know what ever happened to Attacker and their awesome new vocalist? It seems like they dropped off the face of the planet after releasing that single a couple years ago.

New Jag Panzer is exactly what you would expect from those guys. Objectively it's a very good album but I'm honestly starting to get bored with their sound. Maybe it's just me being exceptionally critical tonight.

I don't even know if I'd classify them as power metal. Not traditional power metal, at least. But I agree they're good. Easton Hope is good, the first record sucks, though. Hopefully they can continue to release good albums.

Their next release will be a big sign as to how much longevity they have. I think both Easton Hope and Vale are great melodic/power metal albums. I've never heard their debut, so I can't comment.

Stu Block (Into Eternity) is the new vocalist for Iced Earth, I fucking love this, this guy has amazing range

@0:47

@0:51

Last edited by a moderator: