Resurrected Power Metal Thread

It's a bit sad that nothing new has appeared in power metal for a while... It seems like everything released now is either weak to previous works or done before to the point of being boring. Last good power metal albums were Rhapsody of fire's 'Frozen Tears...' and Helloween 'Are you metal'. Power Quest is decent. The Stratovarius 'Elysium' isn't bad, just not very impressive to me.

Hi there miss, i also a true fan of powermetal can tell you that there are some new stuff that is great, “to the metal” by Gamma ray(2010)a fantastic album, “Murder by pride” Stryper(2009), and the new angra álbum(2011) not to forgot the last Avantasia relases last year

As for other bands don’t releasing new powemetal albums I don’t carei don’t like when bands relase a new cd just to stay in shape,, I can always listen to the old ones which I never get tired of, (Secret Sphere,Freedom call,Axel rudi pell, Helloween,Gamm Ray,

Hi there miss, i also a true fan of powermetal can tell you that there are some new stuff that is great, “to the metal” by Gamma ray(2010)a fantastic album, “Murder by pride” Stryper(2009), and the new angra álbum(2011) not to forgot the last Avantasia relases last year

As for other bands don’t releasing new powemetal albums I don’t carei don’t like when bands relase a new cd just to stay in shape,, I can always listen to the old ones which I never get tired of, (Secret Sphere,Freedom call,Axel rudi pell, Helloween,Gamm Ray,

Gamma Ray's album wasn't very good...just seems really simplistic, nohing out of the ordinary. and I can't help comparing it to the awesome Gamma Ray I heard before. I admit to not listening much to Stryper, don't know why they present no factor of interest to me :lol:, but I'll give them a listen. The last Avantasia argument is valid.

I love old power metal, but I would still like something new in this genre.

I'm ok with Fairytale, Freedom Call, Dragonland...but only when I'm in the mood for them, they are a bit too sugary and flowery (even for me!).
Here's a band I think it's decent, though the 'christian metal' tag may not be very attractive:

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon ppl Fairlyland are dead,their last album was well and truly slaughtered by an atrocious production.I don't give a flying fuck how good the songs were,the album was rendered well and truly unlistenable by a fucking embarassing production.It's a damn shame,modern day power metal of this vein is a niche that I doubt even Fairland will be able to reproduce.OWIO FTFW!!

C'mon ppl Fairlyland are dead,their last album was well and truly slaughtered by an atrocious production.I don't give a flying fuck how good the songs were,the album was rendered well and truly unlistenable by a fucking embarassing production.It's a damn shame,modern day power metal of this vein is a niche that I doubt even Fairland will be able to reproduce.OWIO FTFW!!

I can comfortably say that I have no idea what the hell you're talking about regarding the album's production.

@Krow and sloughfeg: Choke on your own sacks, kplzthx.

Uneasy_Conscience asked for tips, I provide mine, simple as that.

Also, slough, it's pretty obvious you're trying to be the tuff guy just because I slagged down on your grammar skills in the other thread. I apologized, but you went down that road anyway. Well, fuck you.

@ Einherjer It was well and truly overdone,I could'nt and still can't listen to it because of the production.
edit:mad: Crapopia,fuck off you spastic and stop attacking me personally.