Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I thought I read somewhere that they brought down the quality of the song, so it would prevent people from ripping it at high quality or something like that?

Regardless it is still mediocre.

It's been a weak year for power metal. The new Angra is ok though...new Axenstar too...

Came across this today. And thought it was pretty great. It could prob be better with a little less Symphonic stuff, but it was alright regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like Urban Breed. Is he supposed to be on the new Pyramaze?

I think I have been reading somewhere that he dedicated himself to Serious Black. However I think of it more as some Kind of Project as Grapow`s Preference will stay with Masterplan and Thomen is back in the Savage Circus line-up.
However I am not sure if SC still exists in reality as Jens and Emil have ended their Engagement in favor for concentrating on Persuader.

It's not been a good year but check out the new Axenstar, it's actually quite good though weakly produced.

Thanks for the hint - never heard of Axenstar. Sounds quite fine based on the samples.
None of the reviewers mentioned the weak production - this is something that turns me off. Like bad graphics in Videogames.

What about their last Album "Aftermath"?

Does good new power metal even exist? I mean, power metal that sounds like Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within" and Jag Panzer - "Ample Destruction" and not like fucking Dragonforce.

Does good new power metal even exist? I mean, power metal that sounds like Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within" and Jag Panzer - "Ample Destruction" and not like fucking Dragonforce.

Good Power Metal right now is Orden Ogan. I just listened to their new album Ravenhead and it's fucking fantastic. The past 3 albums they have done have been amazing.

Shit, Dragonforce is on a two album winning streak.

I've been listening to Skullview lately. True USPM stuff and pretty damn good.

I don't see the point in new USPM really, it's always shit somehow. The bands never seem as together musically as in the really peak 80s stuff.