Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Iron Savior is not that bad. Not a fan of Sabaton. The singer is really not that great.
Axenstar is brilliant - thanks to Uneasy Conscience for the recommendation.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha;10984232 said:
Iron Savior is not that bad. Not a fan of Sabaton. The singer is really not that great.
Axenstar is brilliant - thanks to Uneasy Conscience for the recommendation.

I spent some time listening to the suggestions in this thread (going back a while). I dunno man, so many of these bands are bland and have vocalists who seem like they could easily be interchangeable. One of the reasons I like the vocals in Sabaton and Iron Savior... they are far more distinct and expressive. My opinion of course. :erk:

I saw Persauder mentioned a couple of times. And yes, he does sound like Hansi, but this music absolutely KILLS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are good but Jens's other (former) band Savage Circus is better. More like a progressive/power/thrash hybrid than proper power metal. But their second record, Of Doom and Death is a masterpiece.

The influence is strong, will agree. It's like they took over from where Blind Guardian was still good... like I dunno, 10 years ago or whatever.

Well when the drummer left Blind Guardian, BG was heading towards a different sound. He basically continued what he wanted to do when he was in Savage Circus. I don't even know if he's still with them. It was ok to listen too for a while, but I got bored of it after a while. Obviously doesn't compare to BG.

I have to say Persuader might be my favorite Band at the Moment. They play exactly the Kind of PM I am looking for. POWERFUL, great melodies and Jens is a beast of a singer.
I still like Blind Guardian and they will always be the one Special band for me. However I cannot listen to Albums like "Beyond the red mirror" every day. That would be too demanding for me. Similar to watching movies like Memento or Inception.
Savage Circus are great as well - however you can clearly see that they try to copy old BG 1:1. Persuader have their own Sound.
At the Moment Thomen is part of Serious Black. However given that Grapow already left we might not see another Album by this "Allstar Group". Sadly because "As daylight breaks" is a great Album.
However this could mean that Thomen will reactivate Savage Circus - I am just not sure if he can find a Fitting replacement for Jens.

I understand the Point that People like bands like Sabaton and Iron Savior because the vocals are not that high pitched. Similar to Grave Digger - you will always recognize Chris Boltendahl when you hear him.
However in my opinion these singers are just not as talented as e.g. Jens, Hansi, Barlow, Heimann, Warrel Dane or Urban Breed. These guys are able to put emotions into their vocal delivery. Others just try their best to Sound harsh and aggressive but are not able to hit the right notes.
However this is just my personal opinion. Music is always a matter of taste :)

Well when the drummer left Blind Guardian, BG was heading towards a different sound. He basically continued what he wanted to do when he was in Savage Circus. I don't even know if he's still with them. It was ok to listen too for a while, but I got bored of it after a while. Obviously doesn't compare to BG.

Not sure when that happened, but last BG album I liked was Nightfall. A very good album (minus a bunch of the filler).

Not sure when that happened, but last BG album I liked was Nightfall. A very good album (minus a bunch of the filler).

He left in 2005, just before A Twist in the Myth. Yeah Nightfall is a masterpiece. A Night at the Opera had a few good tracks on it, but it's pretty much when they started to fade a little. I actually enjoyed A Twist In The Myth to be honest.

The new Cain's Offering is shaping up to be amazing. The first single was released a little while ago and it's outstanding, cheesy lyrics aside. Timo sounds great. Everything else is in place for a great record.

So I had no idea Hibria re-recorded their debut album Defying the Rules for it's 10th anniversary and it sounds as good as ever. \m/

^Fucking love them. Britnney Slayes has a crazy high note

and this can hands down be a metal anthem