Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Ok sorry I am too stupid to embed Videos so here is a link to a track by the band Judicator for everyone searching stuff in good old Blind Guardian style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCACQ_p1jk

Sounds fantastic. The Story behind the Album is quite depressing as it is about the vocalist`s older brother who died because of cancer.

Another great release is the new record by Darktribe. Their debut in 2012 was solid but not that outstanding.
Their new Album "The Modern Age" however is fantastic. Sounds a bit like the new Stratovarius Releases.

Also looking Forward to the new Album by Tad Morose being released end of August/beginning of September.

Fantastic year for PM fans so far.

Good call guys on Unleash the Archers and Cain's offering. Didn't know about these bands but good shit. I will Build You a Rome is so fucking catchy.

@Cnaiur

Judicator is cool, but i think I like this song better than the one you linked. From the slow interlude-ish part in the middle onwards the song is pretty awesome.

This song i liked too:

Darktribe was alright, not quite aggressive enough for my tastes

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other 2015 Releases which might fly a bit under the Radar compared to the Major ones like Blind Guardian, Orden Ogan, Pyramaze, Symphony X, Cain`s Offering, Helloween etc.:

Emerald Sun - Metal Dome
Lords of the Trident - Frostburn
Guardians of Time - Rage and Fire
Lancer - Second Storm
The Storyteller - Sacred Fire
Shadowquest - Armoured IV Pain
Within Silence - Gallery of Life

2015 is a fantastic year. So much stuff I still have not checked and some more fantastic Albums like the new Tad Morose and the new Stratovarius still to come out...

Good call guys on Unleash the Archers and Cain's offering. Didn't know about these bands but good shit. I will Build You a Rome is so fucking catchy.

Make sure you check out the first CO album Gather the Faithful. It's better, by a slight margin, than their new one.

Also check out the new Guardians of Time record...It's very, very good!

Good call on Judicator. Never heard of those guys, but I like it!

Did you ever hear the debut (and only) album by the band Instanzia? You should check it out...it's really great! Came out a few years ago...

so I've listened to the first half of the new Symphony X. It's basically Iconoclast #2. So it's not bad, but lacks the magic of the older albums, me thinks. And i do still have to listen to the rest of it, but ya it's not blowing my mind or anything.

Also the new Pyramaze is pretty good but the lyrics annoy me. It's just like they're straight up narrating a story and idk, for some reason that bothers me. Dampens the experience for me.

Yea they've been doing that since the beginning though. I like it, it's kind of poetic, and brings some of the songs to life, but I get what you mean. The music is really good though. I do enjoy the new album.

I listened to the Judicator record from start to finish and that is a damn fine album. Great riffs, vocals and melodies in all the songs.

i like the Pyramaze with Matt Barlow in it

any recs for power metal with manly vocals?

So, I spent the past two days reading every single page of this thread, which was a time span of like 8 years. It was actually cool for a few reasons. First, along the way I discovered about 6 or 7 power metal bands that I had missed over the years. Mostly older ones, but still great nonetheless. Second, there's some interesting debate and discussion embedded between all the fighting and shit, which made for an interesting read. Finally, if I had a dollar for every post that Krigloch made about power metal being "dead" I'd be able to retire.

Anyway, I found some new things to check out: First, a new Tad Morose album is available. Their singer, a guy called Ronny Hemlin, really stands out here. He's got a pretty powerful voice and delivery.

I also found this band called Iron Fire, that I had never heard of previously. It's solid stuff.

For the flowery types:

So, I spent the past two days reading every single page of this thread, which was a time span of like 8 years. It was actually cool for a few reasons. First, along the way I discovered about 6 or 7 power metal bands that I had missed over the years. Mostly older ones, but still great nonetheless. Second, there's some interesting debate and discussion embedded between all the fighting and shit, which made for an interesting read. Finally, if I had a dollar for every post that Krigloch made about power metal being "dead" I'd be able to retire.

Anyway, I found some new things to check out: First, a new Tad Morose album is available. Their singer, a guy called Ronny Hemlin, really stands out here. He's got a pretty powerful voice and delivery.

I also found this band called Iron Fire, that I had never heard of previously. It's solid stuff.

For the flowery types:

You know what`s funny?

I did the same think some weeks ago :D

Another way to find a lot of new and often unknown bands is rateyourmusic.com
Just search for a PM Album of a certain year and check out the lists in which this Album is included.

The new Tad Morose is a must. The last one has been great already.
Iron Fire ist quite good but I remember them using some strange elements like growling in some Songs.

i like the Pyramaze with Matt Barlow in it

any recs for power metal with manly vocals?

Persuader
Symphony X

You can also check out the band Vanish - Come to Wither
If you like Scheepers try Blackwelder (more traditional PM than Primal Fear).
Orden Ogan maybe.
Borealis - Purgatory
Drakkar? The Storyteller?

And try a band called Ghost Ship Octavius.

Dude, I totally missed the Iron Savior album that came out last year. Today I listened start to finish and it's actually.....fucking unbelievable! It's easily the closest thing to Savage Circus that's come out since 2009. The guitars and even the production are very similar. Also, Pete's voice is like almost identical to Jens. It's killer! The vocals aren't quite as strong as SC, but still great. I don't know how I missed it. I always knew this was Pete's primary band and I think I remember checking out a few songs after I discovered Savage Circus, but they were more rock oriented so I dismissed them. But holy shit this one rips.

New Stratovarious is out in two weeks...that should be good as usual.

Another great band I found, that apparently made some big waves in the scene last year with their debut, is Stilverlight. It's really Blind Guardian worship but done very, very well. The arrangements are great and the choir stuff is excellent.

Thanks for the tip about rateyourmusic. I don't use that site but I will check it out. I've been using the power metal pages on Reddit, which are great, too. And yea, Iron Fire does have some growls, but I think they're minimal.

yeah, Iron Fire is awesome, been listening to them for a while. Their stuff has been pretty solid and I love their album covers.