Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Absolutely man! Was stoked to pickup both albums on vinyl recently from High Roller Records....Bleed sold out immediately but they may still have the white vinyl of Enlighten The Darkness,they were only put out in limited run of 200.Colossal albums indeed!

This is very probably the second greatest Power Metal song ever made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suePX9XVZCE

Some time ago, when I was doing one of my occasional Youtube searches for high-pitched metal singers, I found these videos by a chap called PelleK, who likes to show off his voice on a variety of metal songs, including some Lost Horizon.

A good effort, even though he does seem like he's forcing himself rather than it being natural like Daniel Heiman... The "Pure" song shows how difficult he's finding it, almost as if it's hurting trying to sing that high, and he's still not achieving the range quite as high as the original. His head would probably explode before reaching the end of a song as long as "The Highlander"!

The Highlander's "WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AH-AH-AAAA-HA-AH-AH-AH"

Pure

One of the comments is also interesting: "I spoke to Wojtek last year about Pellek. After hearing him very almost nail the Highlander scream I thought he'd be the best singer in over a decade to fill Daniels inifintely large boots. But, after hearing this, I'm inclined to agree with Wojtek that Pellekreally wouldn't fit. He's an amazing singer, but compared to Daniel, his voice is flat. It's damn close, but it's not there. I've wondered for a while now whether he could pull it off, and this (for me) has confirmed that he can't."

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually for fun, I feel like weighing in with my top 5 favorite Power Metal songs of all time, anyone else wanna throw in yer top 5? Here we go:

#5: Blind Guardian - "Battlefield"

#4: Fairyland - "Fight For Your King"

#3: Rhapsody of Fire - "Reign of Terror"

#2: Lost Horizon - Highlander (The One)

#1: Pathfinder: "Fifth Element"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJyfnP-Wi8&index=2&list=PL4E95243398E08BE6[/ame]

It is awesome in every way except for the muddy rhythm guitars. But atmospherically, vocally, lyrically ... the blueprint for cosmic power metal?
Really? I think everything about it is perfection.

A lot of people liked that second one more. I did like it, but for me it didn't compare to the debut. Debut for me had so much more power and balls.
yeah it has more power and balls, but the epicness is beyond any other. The songs are massive, catchy, and have some of my favorite solos

Some time ago, when I was doing one of my occasional Youtube searches for high-pitched metal singers, I found these videos by a chap called PelleK, who likes to show off his voice on a variety of metal songs, including some Lost Horizon.

There's something about his voice that, depending on who I hear him singing (or singing with), it's hit or miss. Technically a good singer, but for me it's missing something.

I do enjoy his work with Damnation Angels though:

Last edited:
:lol:
I'm not a huge Helloween fan for some reason
Was listening to Watchtower lastnight. Are there any modern bands similar to them now days?
I know they aren't really one genre.
But that singer makes me happy.
Really wish my band would have recorded a song or two. I want my voice on cd

Was listening to Watchtower lastnight. Are there any modern bands similar to them now days?

Eldritch named themselves after a WT song. The Music is not really that similar though but not too bad.

Some newer or upcoming Releases:

Sebastien - Dark Chambers of Deja Vu:

Dragony - Shadowplay:

Circle II Circle:

CIIC is a must-buy for me. I am a Zak fanboy.

I just listened to Symphonity - Voice from the Silence.
Fantastic Album. Sadly the last full album where Olaf Hayer contributed vocals.

And as we talked about bands worshipping BG what about this one:

Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe (2000)

I don't know of anything more recent, as it's not a genre I've followed. This and Watchtower's "Control And Resistance" are the only technical metal albums that I own.