Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Dude, I totally missed the Iron Savior album that came out last year. Today I listened start to finish and it's actually.....fucking unbelievable! It's easily the closest thing to Savage Circus that's come out since 2009. The guitars and even the production are very similar. Also, Pete's voice is like almost identical to Jens. It's killer! The vocals aren't quite as strong as SC, but still great. I don't know how I missed it. I always knew this was Pete's primary band and I think I remember checking out a few songs after I discovered Savage Circus, but they were more rock oriented so I dismissed them. But holy shit this one rips.

New Stratovarious is out in two weeks...that should be good as usual.

Another great band I found, that apparently made some big waves in the scene last year with their debut, is Stilverlight. It's really Blind Guardian worship but done very, very well. The arrangements are great and the choir stuff is excellent.

Thanks for the tip about rateyourmusic. I don't use that site but I will check it out. I've been using the power metal pages on Reddit, which are great, too. And yea, Iron Fire does have some growls, but I think they're minimal.

Was going to post Stilverlight as well. Pretty good one.eck

I checked this 5 hours PM Video on YT and discovered some new bands for me. Good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I have it but only listened to like 2 songs, both of which were awesome.

I've also been listening to lots of Pathfinder lately. A great band, that lot. The first two albums are great, but didn't the singer leave?

So Gloryhammer's new album is awesome as fucking shit.

and the album cover is fucking badass for this album

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. You guys have mentioned a few albums that are still on my "to get" list (Tad Morose, Gloryhammer, Iron Savior).

There is so much coming out in the "power" category it's hard to fine the gems from the "same ol same ol" or just "plain bad".

I did recently pick up the first Death Dealer which is pretty awesome. I guess that may fall into just "Heavy Metal" depending on your definition of Power Metal though.

Here's a track from the new one coming out soon:

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur23_X2MsCw&safe=active

My opinion's still out on this band, but this isn't bad. Vocals are an interesting change.

I couldn't get past the vocals on this one. I love it when it is done well (Nightwish) but this is too much and actually detracts for me.

One of the band's that falls "on the fence" for me in this style is Crysalys. Sometimes I dig it, sometimes I hate it.

Last edited:
This is an awesome thread. I found it via a Google search a few weeks ago, and have read through all pages twice(!), researching new bands, and finally got round to joining the forum today.

I'm more into the old school (U.S. style?) power metal, having started many years ago with bands like Savatage and Vicious Rumours, and progressing through Angel Dust, Symphony X, Nocturnal Rites, Tad Morose.

Also some of the melodic ones like Pagan's Mind, Serenity.

Not really into the Euro Metal neo-classical sound like Stratovarius, Hammerfall or Blind Guardian etc., although I do enjoy the OTT cheese of Rhapsody of Fire.

But by far the pinnacle of my power metal collection is Lost Horizon, echoed by a few other posters elsewhere in this thread over the years.

Anyway, I found a few new discoveries in this thread that I like: Pyramaze, Winterborn, Iron Savior and Mystic Prophecy.

But by far the pinnacle of my power metal collection is Lost Horizon, echoed by a few other posters elsewhere in this thread over the years.

I have to wholeheartedly agree here. Lost Horizon's Awakening the World is an amazing album! What a shame they imploded or whatever after that second album.

If anyone bypassed that album...get, it, now.

Last edited: