Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Found another cool band. Anyone know of Cardiant? Pretty solid power metal right here. They've changed singers since their first album where the song below is taken from, and apparently the band isn't that good anymore. But, their debut is quite awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to the new Dark Moor - Project X and holy shit this album is fucking weak... there's just no fucking creativity at all.

I guess the only thing you could say kind of saves it is the Deluxe Edition of the album with the 5 Re-Recordings of classic songs from the early days. Those are actually pretty good.

While they've certainly done better, the new Dark Moor is slowly growing on me. The production is weak and flat (if you only have one guitar, put it up front!), but the songs are ok. I'm not ashamed to say I kind of like the Queenish/Meatlofish vibe they've got going on, but it you're gonna do that kind of thing, you've gotta believe in it! Believe in the chorus and give it the punch it deserves.

The re-recorded songs are ok. Didn't need re-recording in the first place, but as long as they're gonna do it, good to see them trying to give them a modern Dark Moor anno 2015 flavor. Still prefer the versions with Eliza, though.

I don't know man I've tried listening to it a couple times. It just seems so stale. I mean I'm sure they thought the effort was there, but production wise it was aweful.

Anyways so I'm getting around to listening to Magnus Karlsson's Free Fall's new album "Kingdom of Rock" The first one was pretty good. So I'm hoping this one is aswell.

Yes the Kingdom of Rock is well worth checking out, isn't it. I heard some samples a month or so ago and liked what I heard.

Lately I've been into Jorn, which is guess is definitely more heavy rock than power metal, but his album Traveler is great. Very good vocal melodies.

So with more or less all relevant Releases out - do you already know your record of the year respectively your top 10 for 2015?

Honestly number 1 for me is Act of Defiance's self-titled debut. It's so fucking good from start to finish.

As for top 10 power metal.

Orden Ogan's Ravenhead easily takes #1. That band gets better with every album, and it's fucking amazing.

Albums of the year have been discussed in the metal 2015 sticky thread so revert there if you're looking to check out some stuff you might have missed this year. For straight up power metal, I wasn't particularly impressed this year. My top choice is Cain's Offering - Stormcrow, which is quite a brilliant album. It's in my top 10 for 2015 (all genres included). Orden Ogan put out a good record too, but I don't really classify them as power metal.

Albums of the year have been discussed in the metal 2015 sticky thread so revert there if you're looking to check out some stuff you might have missed this year. For straight up power metal, I wasn't particularly impressed this year. My top choice is Cain's Offering - Stormcrow, which is quite a brilliant album. It's in my top 10 for 2015 (all genres included). Orden Ogan put out a good record too, but I don't really classify them as power metal.

How is Orden Ogan not classified in Power Metal to you. It's exactly what they are lol.

It's too piratey. I'm a genre purist (I'm old). Maybe now this is considered power metal and I just haven't adapted my opinions to current theories. I would also add Pyramaze to the list, though again they're closer to a modern progressive metal for me than power metal. But their record this year, which I'm listening to now, is pretty damn good.

Last edited: