Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Which Keeper of the Seven Keys part do you like more, guys? I am asking because I've never been into them, but I'm quite fond of Kiske era.

Number II will always be my favorite, if not for the song "Eagle Fly Free" alone. Also, I'm kinda partial to Weikath's songwriting back then. Hansen has never ever been bad, and I really dig pretty much everything he's done in Gamma Ray later, but back then, among the two, Weikath was my god. Didn't hurt he was the one who wrote aforementioned bird anthem.

Reactions: suckerleaf
So I gave Avantasia's new one "Ghostlights" a listen. That album is fucking solid, way better than what I was expecting. You know I was expecting something like how Edguy has become shit. But this man Tobias has outdone himself on this one. I really liked it. Solid start to 2016.

I can't get into the hard rock/metal symphonic, operatic stuff really. But, have you heard Karnataka? Female fronted band - I forget the girl's name but she was semi famous as a Riverdance singer or something - and the music is exceptionally composed.

I'm not a huge fan of this genre. I love a lot of the trad bands that inspired this stuff though. Perhaps i should dig a little deeper.

Let's see....I like Khan era Kamelot, particularly Black Halo. I like some later Symphony X.

Ok, it's been a few months now - what's everyone think of the latest Blind Guardian? I'm generally a huge fan of their stuff but I've come to the conclusion that BTRM kinda sucks, which is really disappointing. I don't really get it - I've seen it on plenty of end of year lists - not so much here, but on reddit and stuff. If someone wants to illuminate me as to the magic I'm missing, please do.

It sounds likes every other Blind Guardian album after Nightfall in Middle Earth. Fun a few times, but why bother ever again when Follow the Blind and Somewhere Far Beyond exist?

Reactions: CiG