Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Yeah I agree, I like that album. I haven't heard everything they have done what I have heard I've liked.

I like that song, thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to check out their other stuff now.

New Elvenking is pretty good, if anyone's a sucker for folk power. Not as epic as The Pagan Manifesto, but still good.

Was listening to it the other day. I agree it's good, maybe not as good as PM but still worthy of adding to the collection.

That and "Broadside" are probably the two best tracks on Darkness and Light, in my opinion. The rest of the album kinda drags, and there are some weird transitions (although I still love "Change the World," mainly because I'm a big William Gibson fan).

Heaven's Gate and Outbound are my favorites. Tough to pick between those two.

Reactions: CiG
Friend showed me this just now, not bad at all.

That and "Broadside" are probably the two best tracks on Darkness and Light, in my opinion. The rest of the album kinda drags, and there are some weird transitions (although I still love "Change the World," mainly because I'm a big William Gibson fan).

Darkness and Light is certainly their weakest album to date and I agree with you about which are the strongest tracks on the album, especially "Life and Death Under Strange New Suns" which is outstanding. :D

I was really hoping for more from Keldian tbh but oh well.

Heaven's Gate and Outbound are my favorites. Tough to pick between those two.

I like Journey of Souls a lot but as of right now, Heaven's Gate is the one for me.

Last edited:
Friend showed me this just now, not bad at all.

Darkness and Light is certainly their weakest album to date and I agree with you about which are the strongest tracks on the album, especially "Life and Death Under Strange New Suns" which is outstanding. :D

I was really hoping for more from Keldian tbh but oh well.

I like Journey of Souls a lot but as of right now, Heaven's Gate is the one for me.

I hate when bands release good albums JUST AS THE YEAR ENDS so they end up not being at least in honorable mentions by the time I finish the list. :(

Holy fucking shit, first track on Unleash the Archer's new album fucking slays. I haven't listened any further, but this is killer (hope the rest of the album lives up):

I agree, the whole album is good but for me the first song is a killer of a song.

Holy fucking shit, first track on Unleash the Archer's new album fucking slays. I haven't listened any further, but this is killer (hope the rest of the album lives up):

Dude that whole album fucking 'SLAYES" hard, It was album of the year for me, that album takes you on a fucking ride. Britney Slayes absolutely kills it on vocals, I've liked them for a few years, but I've found their stuff to be somewhat cheezy, but this album after their first one with Napalm is absolutely fucking killer.

Reactions: Einherjar86
Agreed, the whole thing kicks ass. So much attitude and epic riffs. CLEANSE THE BLOODLINES.

And in other equally exciting news:

This record is excellent, and I love the sound of the production, which calls to mind the guitar tones of older bands like Cirith Ungol (not quite the same, just reminiscent I think). The songwriting is stellar and the melodies are fucking amazing. Great album.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

The new Angra fucking rules.

It's very heavy on the lighter touches and the progressive elements too, makes for a very refreshing album experience.

Been really enjoying these albums too lately.

Ancient Empire are slowly becoming a genre favourite for me.