Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Regina Spektor rules, those bands however do not! They fail the almighty power metal 'spirit of the balls.'

And you succeed at being the almighty 'douchebag'.

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to the Sonata Arctica/Nightwish concert this August at the Troc in Philly. To hell with Nightwish though, I just want to go to see Sonata Arctica.

And as far as power metal goes, my favorite bands are Sonata Arctica (duh), Twilightning, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Rage, Iced Earth (if they even count as power metal) Symphony X, and Edguy.

Oh, and would Metal Church count as power metal? Some of their stuff does have elements of the genre, and metal archives has them down as power metal.

I guess I am the only one who doesn't really like European Power Metal? Don't get me wrong, I'm a total nerd when it comes to the fantasy genre, but a lot of the music put out by your usual Power Metal bands (Rhapsody, Lost Horizon, Dragonland) just comes off as way too cheesy for me.

I'd say I enjoy either the earlier Euro Power or US Power scenes better. Bands like early Blind Guardian, Helloween, Manilla Road, and Omen. Anything tied in with the Traditional/Speed/Thrash scene I have no problem enjoying.

power metal is not power metal. there are huge differencies
:lol:
There has been a serious decline in quality power metal as far as im concerned. I can't even recall a really good PM cd in the last 3-5 years..
Heard Alestorm's debut? Elvenking's 3rd? I could go on, but I'm bored.
Also, InFlames, have you heard the new Human Fortress single? What do you think? I like it alright, although I kind of miss their old singer.
Fraid not...need to check that out when I get home. I love their old singer - best thing about them.

Heard Alestorm's debut? Elvenking's 3rd? I could go on, but I'm bored.

From what I heard on their 2nd album(Captains Morgans Revenge or w/e) the vocals were not my thing and have had no interested in their previous album. But Elvenking vocalist sounds like an emo/indie pop singer in a metal band and just isn't my thing.

if you can imagine to like a mix of early Blind Guardian, Running Wild (Death Or Glory era), a bit of Dio and a bit of old Savatage, then you should get 'The Shadow Cabinet' from Wuthering Heights

Symphorce's Phorcefullahead is a great album for those who like Power Metal

Do not listen to that band. Fucking thiefs. They ripped off - and I don't mean like there is a similarity, they were the same fuckin' lyrics - I mean STOLE LYRICS from Pain of Salvation.