Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Yeah Kiuas's vocalist is great, reminds me a bit of Russel Allen, mostly in the way he uses both clean vocals and rough vocals, and I really love that diversity. He does both styles really well.

I have managed to see Kiuas live twice so far and they have been fantastic both times.

Have yet to pick up the new album but have heard it is brilliant.

I have managed to see Kiuas live twice so far and they have been fantastic both times.

Have yet to pick up the new album but have heard it is brilliant.

Damn, lucky. I'm hopefully going to make it to Finland sometime in the next couple of years. I'm friends with Markku on Facebook, so I'll send him a message when I do and ask if they're playing. That would be fuckin' awesome.

The new album is great. Killer songwriting and performances; Kiuas kicks ass.

I heard The Spirit of Ukko finally, and wow, that's one hell of an album! Miles better than Reformation (even though that was pretty good too). I'm really liking them, and now all that's left is The New Dark Age which I'll listen to now :)

^^great band, i like them quite much

btw. everybody should check Wuthering Heights, esp. their last release 'The Shadow Cabinet'

From what I've heard? That there are much better German Power Metal bands out there.

I'm only asking because I'd never heard of them until they released Last Days of Utopia a few years back. It was the first time I heard them and I was uncertain how I felt about them. I just wanted to see what others thought. I think I want to like them, but their material doesn't seem particularly interesting except for a few sparse moments throughout their songs.

I don't like American Power Metal with the exception of Kamelot who hands down had the best album in 2007

I love the cheesy stuff like Edguy,Dragon force, Power Quest

I also like some of the more serious European bands like Nightwish,Freedom Call and Sonata Arctica

Also if you like power metal check out Celesty and Axenstar its a shame to society these guys aren't as popular as Dragonforce

axenstar is a terribly generic band that does not deserve any credit imo
If Axenstar is generic, then I wish more bands were generic. While Axenstar's style is somewhat derivative of Euro-power bands from Italy and the like, their songwriting skills are a step ahead of their contemporaries and their performancce of their material is more than solid. Plus, their singer has a great voice that sounds familiar to the power metal fan, yet has a refreshing tone. Not to mention that Axenstar has only been releasing solid album after solid album. Maybe nothing mindblowing as of yet, but nothing bad or even below-average as far as I'm concerned. IMO, of course.

This resurrected thread needs resurrecting :p

Anyway, it's one month till the new Pyramaze is out. I wonder what you guys think about them? They're one of my favorite bands and with Matt Barlow it's going to be one constant drool. The samples are more powerfull than ever, and I fucking love powerfull power metal :lol: