Resurrected Power Metal Thread

I've been listening to Domine a bit lately... This shit kinda sucks. I have "Emperor of the Black Runes". Who in the hell recommended me that here?? I know it was in the thread where I asked for good Italian metal bands.

Domine has tons of glowing reviews and I don't get it. Everything I've heard from them has been totally mediocre.

For Italian power/prog/whatever I would suggest:

Labyrinth - No Limits (this one is important not to overlook)
Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied
Labyrinth - s/t
Cydonia - The Dark Flower (same as No Limits)
Vision Divine - The Perfect Machine

So, basically you mean that The Scythe sucks? Because that's their most recent album.

EDIT: I haven't heard it, so I can't really say. Elvenking has never been one of my favorite bands.

Ugh no..."Elvenking - Two Tragedy Poets (...And a Caravan of Weird Figures)" that's there latest

And I didn't say that they completely suck, but ever since the wrote "The Scythe" they have gone down the shitter. I mean it's not terrible, it's just not them.

Really? I didn't even know.

EDIT: but I just read V5's post, so that makes sense. Because The Scythe came out a year ago.

Also, V5, have you heard Powerwolf? I think they totally kick ass.

That's just some random acoustic shit. They've sucked hard since Heathenreel imo, which was awesome.

Maybe so, but I actually found The Winter Wake, to be the last great effort by them. Though without a doubt Heathenreel is there best. The "Seasonspeech" is fucking epic.

EDIT: Shit, I just noticed the album was acoustic lol...my bad, but still it sucks lol

man out of all Power Metal bands, there are none that I enjoy more then Grave Digger :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, pretty good song. The album lyrics are pretty laughable, but I know that usually gives a lot of people some major chubby action, especially because one can say "noes I don't listen to no gay power metal, my bandz denounces teh religonz!". Musically, pretty true, decently poser-slaying, and despite being more of an 'American' power metal style, it doesn't really come off as forced like a lot of American power metal does. At the same time, it isn't quite as good as I think it could be.... like I said though, it's good..and at least it's that style..