Resurrected Power Metal Thread

Any one else like Scanner? I like Grim Reaper too but they seem to fall under the NWOBHM title even though that isn't an actual genre.

talesofmedusatriumphantrk0.jpg

talesofmedusaanacaeaninnf9.jpg

Does anyone else agree with me that Elvenking has sucked ever since they released "The Scythe"?

I tried listening to Heathenreel a while ago and I couldn't make it past the third song on the album before I decided enough was enough. I think they're pretty awful.

I've been listening to Domine a bit lately... This shit kinda sucks. I have "Emperor of the Black Runes". Who in the hell recommended me that here?? I know it was in the thread where I asked for good Italian metal bands.
lol
I got Dragonlord recently. Crap. It sounded like they were trying hard but just weren't there yet. I guess they never got there...
"There" being anything resembling good power metal.

Does anyone else agree with me that Elvenking has sucked ever since they released "The Scythe"?
No.
I also don't agree with your implied decision that they fit under the power metal genre at this point.
But I enjoyed the Scythe. The first time I hated it. Then I listened again and it's really catchy. It's not great, but there's some songs (Infection, The Divided Heart, A Riddle of Stars) that are pretty good. But it feels like they replaced their power metal influences with pop-punk... it's like folky metalcore-ish pop-punk or something. I dunno.
Heathenreel is their best by a mile, though. I still need Wyrd.
I also don't have their latest, which sounded alright from the samples I heard.

I posted them because 1) I'm listening to them right now and 2) because I just fucking took the time to take these pictures and make them look decent myself so that others could see them you fucking idiot. I'm not going to not talk about a band just because somebody can't hear them. I'm certainly not preventing you from hearing them, so don't bitch at me for just bringing them up.

Um...why would you post them and not give any explanation for why you were posting pictures of releases by this uberkvlt band if you're not interested in stroking your already massive ego? What possible purpose is there in posting those pictures? How likely do you think it is anyone else in the world listens to them? Perhaps what you meant to do is say "This is Tales of Medusa. I enjoy their music. You should listen to them. Here is a link where you can listen to them."

I posted them because 1) I'm listening to them right now and 2) because I just fucking took the time to take these pictures and make them look decent myself so that others could see them you fucking idiot. I'm not going to not talk about a band just because somebody can't hear them. I'm certainly not preventing you from hearing them, so don't bitch at me for just bringing them up.

Shut the fuck up you egotistical asshole.

Um...why would you post them and not give any explanation for why you were posting pictures of releases by this uberkvlt band if you're not interested in stroking your already massive ego? What possible purpose is there in posting those pictures? How likely do you think it is anyone else in the world listens to them? Perhaps what you meant to do is say "This is Tales of Medusa. I enjoy their music. You should listen to them. Here is a link where you can listen to them."

Pretty much.

I've talked about them before. They have no music available on the internet. They only release on records and tapes, and I have no way of ripping either, so I can't share their music. That's not going to stop me from talking about them. They're one of my personal favorite bands playing music right now based purely on the strength of their body of work. If you have a serious problem with somebody talking about a band because you don't have access to their music and automatically assume that somebody who talks about said band is doing it for attention, then you need to look at yourself and reevaluate your priorities. Get the fuck off of my back you worthless doppleniggers. Next time I attempt to contribute something by uploading album covers that most other people would have otherwise never seen, I'll remember that I shouldn't because it would only be me looking for attention.

I already said it. Why bring any band up? I was listening to them. Sometimes people post album covers of what they're listening to to tell others what they're listening to. I also posted them for what I said after you responded to the above post since I edited, so go back and reread it.

So...you're going to talk about a band that only releases in pressings of...Holy shit, 100 for the album, 50 for the demo...are you fucking serious? You're going to talk about this band...with who? Are you seriously bringing up a band who there is almost no possibility anyone else has heard or even could hear?

Why not? Am I stopping anybody from hearing them? Seriously, get the fuck off of my god damn balls already you my pals. Either that or harass me on instant messenger, because I'm sick of getting into these retarded bitchfests on forums.

They have no music available on the internet. They only release on records and tapes, and I have no way of ripping either, so I can't share their music. That's not going to stop me from talking about them.

I'm sorry, but I can't possibly physically share their music unless you want to come over my house and listen to it. And you can fuck off if you actually think I should act like this band doesn't exist because nobody else on this particular forum has heard them. Go contact the god damn band, though they rarely ever even check their e-mail to begin with, let alone respond.

Go over to your house? Hell nah, I think I'll take my chances with the music I can listen to.

Dodens, you've posted your suggestion of Tales of Medusa more than once in this thread, and it gets a bit frustrating after a while because it seems like you're just throwing it in our faces. So I'm sorry if we're being assholes to you, but it's annoying when we can't try and check out this band you're suggesting to us.