Resurrected Power Metal Thread

OH SHITS

Not one of the most popular bands on the Earth, adored by... white trash and jocks the world over. True connoisseurs of music. I stand fucking corrected.

AC/DC are an incarnation of the spirit of rock/heavy metal... like them or not.

Pretty sure dodens could have included them along with Manowar in that now famous post.

As the Keeper of the Post, I feel obliged to chime in. Motorhead, yes. AC/DC, no. Know why? Because AC/DC are essentially a pop band. It's all hooks. Not arguing that they're not hard rock, but rather that they in no way represent the spirit of rock; they're just one of the heavier commercial rock bands. And they only have a couple songs I'd listen to willingly and none I'd listen to of my own initiative.

I'm honestly stunned at the distaste for AC/DC here. They've written some of the greatest hard-rock classics of all time. Sure, they're not cerebral, but hard rock typically isn't. That's what prog is for.

They're loved by pompous jocks? Hell, so is Queen, what do you want?

First off... They've been singing about women, hell, and partying for over 30 years.

If that isnt an embodiment of rock, then I dont know what is.

Yea they write alot of hooks... but I dont see the problem with that. I've seen people from 50 to 7 years old singing along ... if they were fisherman, they'd be the greatest ones ever.

They're treading water creatively. Awesome, that's what rock is all about, after all - following the exact same formula that brought you success back in the day. Absolutely.

Ignore the people who consistently bash AC/DC. More likely than not, they weren't around when AC/DC were original and fresh. Might as well bash Hendrix, The Doors, and early Van Halen. I really feel sorry for kids these days, growing up with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Blink 182, and Korn.

And nowadays, it's cooler to bash non-metal bands if you listen to metal than to acknowledge good music in any form.

I'd just like to know who they're trying to impress. I promise guys, no one will think you're a pussy if you like non metal music. I'll go first, I like Dead Can Dance.

I'd just like to know who they're trying to impress. I promise guys, no one will think you're a pussy if you like non metal music. I'll go first, I like Dead Can Dance.

I noticed they're very popular even among close-minded metalheads, like they have some VIP pass or something.

The deal with AC/DC is that they're famous and popular, but they couldn't give two shits about that. They play what they like, plain and simple. They don't try and impress anyone, and that earns them respect in my book.

I don't listen to them all that often, but they're an awesome band.

Dead Can Dance are so good. Beautiful music.

EDIT: Dead Can Dance and AC/DC in the power metal thread...?

I just gave these power albums a spin today

7331.jpg

The+Storyteller+-+Crossroad,+front.jpg

ThyMajestie-front.jpg